Problems with the pilot app

Reaction score
Got my p3p yesterday, flown 6 times or so.

Using the pilot app on my samsung s5 and samsung galaxy tab s.
I restart the devices before I go flying.
Today the app frozed two times with my samsung s5 and it lags like hell.

Hope do get a new firmware soon!

Otherwise it seems to be a good quadrocopter.

Just wanted to share my frustration!!

[Moderator edit: F bombs and implied F bombs not acceptable in a thread title, frustration of not.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Sure!! Open your settings. Go to Application. Under Downloaded look for Google Play Services. Select Uninstall updates or whatever wording is used to imply an uninstall. It will uninstall the updated play service.

I did it now Ken Cruise, hope this helps. I will try later today.
And SectorLord I have an Ipad 2 but it`s too old, I can`t install the app, but I will visit my parents today and my father has the new Ipad so I will try with that one also.

Another question, you have to hold the throttle all the way down for about 2-3 secounds to turn of the motors. If youre up in the air and want to descend fast what do you do? Does the phantom notice it`s still in the air so it won`t turn the motors off or will it?
I`ve just flown helis, aircrafts and a dji f450 + a 250 racer with a spektrum dx8 so the radio thing here is kind of new to me.

Thanks for reading and feedback;)

I did it now Ken Cruise, hope this helps. I will try later today.
And SectorLord I have an Ipad 2 but it`s too old, I can`t install the app, but I will visit my parents today and my father has the new Ipad so I will try with that one also.

Another question, you have to hold the throttle all the way down for about 2-3 secounds to turn of the motors. If youre up in the air and want to descend fast what do you do? Does the phantom notice it`s still in the air so it won`t turn the motors off or will it?
I`ve just flown helis, aircrafts and a dji f450 + a 250 racer with a spektrum dx8 so the radio thing here is kind of new to me.

Thanks for reading and feedback;)
To be safe I bring it down nice and slow. When I fly, unless it's to bring the drone back bbecause of low battery I rarely move the controls past 20-30 %

When holding the stick down to descend the P3 will only turn off the motors once it detects it's no longer moving down after 2-3 seconds. So the motors won't turn off in the air from this.

Same issues of OP.
App crashes and freezes constantly.
Only works indoors.

P3P + Samsung Galaxy S3 + Dji Pilot 1.2.0

I was thinking about getting a iPad Mini 2 (no gps version), but i've been reading about issues on ios devices as well, although not as much as on android.
Can't decide on what to do, i am terrified of losing visual contact with the aircraft, and that doesn't take long.....

Certain android devices are laggy with this new firmware. I have Tab Pro and I know Tab S is also laggy. I had downgraded Google Play services to use DJI Pilot app, but I just tested the DJI Ultimate Flight app and it did not work unless I upgraded back to most current Google Play services lol. But even with newest google play services and CPU running at 99% the whole flight, I still got much better less laggy video. I think I'll just stick to this UF3 app for now until DJI gets their Pilot app in order. Having waypoints and hotpoints isn't a bad bonus either.

OK, here's the fix. I have the same S5 and Tab as the OP. The problem is you are filling up all the RAM and Pilot is a very intensive CPU hog. You have to clear all the other stuff out before you use the phone as your monitor.

Download the app All in One Toolbox. Right before you put the phone on the remote, open the app, hit 'Boost'. Clear the apps. You could also hit 'Clean' but I'm not sure that helps, but it doesn't hurt. Then go hit the pages icon on the bottom left bezel on your phone. Hit 'close all'. The RAM is now clear. Put the phone in the remote and it will work just fine.

Thanks, I will try to download the "all in one toobox". I clear all the apps before I go flying each time, and turns of wifi, and bluetooth. Next time I will try airplane mode.
I tried my dads Ipad right now and it turned out great, no lags at all and I had the over exsposure thing I could turn on which worked great.
Hope that will be available for android soon.
I`m very satisfied with the quad, I was flying in 11m/s wind now just hovering nothin fancy and It was great.
Thanks

It's pretty clear that the Android App version is poorly coded. Everything else works, including very resource intensive game apps, but Pilot App lags.

And it's the same for me, on my Tab Pro. I bought the Tab, installed ONLY Pilot App, and it was absolutely terrible, like watching stop motion video.

I disabled all animations, all notifications, uninstalled anything I could. This made Pilot App usable, but it still lags and skips quite a lot.

So I rooted my device, and it's running a very plain version of Android now without any junk.

And still, it lags.

We should make a list of what Android tablets actually work without lag. It's going to be a very, very, short list. From what I've seen, Nvidia tablet works without lag, but the screen is terrible in the Sun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl