Problems flying p4 in winter conditions

Even new I always have had to calibrate the gimble to -1.6 to make it perfectly level with the horizon and then it is great. I will try to fly it later today it is minus -10 Celsius let you know how it goes. Or is that a bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As soon as I landed brought it inside and re powered it. Recalibrate the gimbal and she was operating like new again. So it must have been a frozen condensation in the gimble betting issue? What do you think

actually condensation forms in the other direction...when you bring something cold into warmth not when you bring something warm into the cold (unless you're coming from a high humidity situation i.e.: a sauna ;-) Look at your beer mug...
a trick we use when bringing camera gear back in from a cold shoot is to seal the cameras in a small plastic garbage bag before bringing them back into the warmth...that helps prevent condensation from forming on the cameras / lenses.

Product must be subjected only to normal, intended use during the warranty period. If something happen and you're not operating within specs you might have a warranty issue. Hope this clarifies your question.

68a800425b193cdd8035a909240ffe81.jpg

Flew yesterday in cold -6 temp on a beautiful sunny day and gimble began to tilt to the left and I could not control the gible anymore had to fly back and land. I did warm the battery's before using. Anyone else have winter problems like this and any advise

I got similar experience one time. Other times was ok at minus 14 C. Reason was obviously warm wet air from inside condensed and froze whereever it was stuck. Water/ice can knock the bird out. I cool it down at open door first now and no problems.
worse with condense water when coming into the warm again.
warm batteries however is a must be. This is the last to add before take off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94