Problems continue. Wondering about sending it back.

Reaction score
I beginning to wish I had stuck with the P3P.

Problem yesterday. The screen went blank eventually got the message the Go App had stopped. Managed to do a RTH and restarted app.

Today. Would not exit 'Tap to fly mode' the drone drifted badly off course, no high winds. I tried switching from P to A mode. Pulling back on the stick for 4 seconds. Tapping the screen. It would not come out of Tap to Fly mode. I eventually brought it back to me but the thing insisted on showing the green arrows for the TTF mode. As soon as I let go of the controls it proceeded to fly on the route it showed, even at ground level as I attempted to land it turned into a strimmer as it tried to fly into a hedge. Now have a green prop.

The record video button did not work. Neither on the screen or the button on the RC. In case I was in camera mode I attempted to take a photo........... nothing. Yesterday it worked today it does not.

I got a message up advising me about the dangers of flying whilst in S Sport mode, despite the fact the switch was in P mode. There could have been other messages but I was keeping an eye on the drone as it was insisting on flying away from me in a random direction to follow the TTF mode.

If I did not have the P4P Plus I would think of uninstalling the GO app and re-installing. This should NOT be happening to a brand new drone.

Before I send it back......................... suggestions?

You are not alone. P4P+ with no prior incidents - today took off just fine, then 5 seconds into the flight there was no control response, no position hold, it drifted and lost altitude until it hit my shed. So there were no failsafes working either.

Now with this mandatory f/w upgrade (ransomware??) the aircraft is reporting "Aircraft Encoder Error(0X20)". It fails to calibrate and there is no camera stream.

Great. Now six weeks waiting for DJI to agree that there might be a problem.

Piece of junk quite frankly. None of my DJI stuff has worked well and this is the last time I'm wasting money on this cr*p.

You are not alone. P4P+ with no prior incidents - today took off just fine, then 5 seconds into the flight there was no control response, no position hold, it drifted and lost altitude until it hit my shed. So there were no failsafes working either.

Now with this mandatory f/w upgrade (ransomware??) the aircraft is reporting "Aircraft Encoder Error(0X20)". It fails to calibrate and there is no camera stream.

Great. Now six weeks waiting for DJI to agree that there might be a problem.

Piece of junk quite frankly. None of my DJI stuff has worked well and this is the last time I'm wasting money on this cr*p.
That's why I am not interested in upgrading to a P4 or P4P. I rather upgrade from my P3 standard to the P3 Advanced. I do not need the extra sensors. I don't flight too often either. The weather has not been to cooperative around here. I also don't care about warranty.

That's why I am not interested in upgrading to a P4 or P4P.
Because one individual says he had a problem (and gives no supporting material that might show what actually happened) isn't a reason to dismiss the P4 pro.
What about the thousands of users having no problems with theirs?

Because one individual says he had a problem (and gives no supporting material that might show what actually happened) isn't a reason to dismiss the P4 pro.
What about the thousands of users having no problems with theirs?
You have a valid point in there but in reality I do not have the cash to expend in a P4P at the moment. The only issue I see with the P4P is how easy is to crack the landing gear.

I just wish I was one of those thousands.............................. and I am not dismissing it either. As for "supporting Materials" want to see my green props? Lets not go there.

Rather than "dismissing" the drone and writing it off. I emailed DJI with a list and they came back with "uninstall and re-install the DJI app" One would assume you connect the RC to the PC delete the files and re-install? Not trying that yet.

However I did go out this afternoon to try and sort out these problems. On the video recording software side I de-selected each and every setting then re-selected. It often works on software on car computers so I tried it on the RC. Sort of jogging software out of a loop or problem.

Next I went out to fly. Once in the air I tried flying in Tap Fly Mode (TFM) when it was not too far away I tapped on "Stop" waited for 10+ seconds and eventually it turned from Stop to the TF icon and the drone actually halted, phew. :oops:. I tapped the TF icon, waited another 6 or more seconds and eventually It went into the mode screen. I tapped "normal" , the one with the RC icon. The screen re-appeared out of the TTFM. So the solution seems to be grit your teeth and just wait. Eventually it will stop. Did not re-try the 'pause' button nor the other methods, decided to quit whilst ahead.

The other problem I had not being able to start recording. After my efforts earlier in the software, dont know if it was a coincidence, but that started and stopped great. I can now record video and take photos mid flight.

Now I have a nice video and a little confidence back in the drone. So its not going back just yet.

I just wish I was one of those thousands.............................. and I am not dismissing it either. As for "supporting Materials" want to see my green props? Lets not go there.
I was talking about the other guy - his symptoms could have been caused by a number of things, not necessarily hardware problems.
Without data, we can't be sure.
I emailed DJI with a list and they came back with "uninstall and re-install the DJI app" One would assume you connect the RC to the PC delete the files and re-install? Not trying that yet.
If you do that, there's no need to connect anything, and no need to have anything other than the tablet with the app on it.
DJI aren't talking about firmware in the Phantom.
They are talking about the app in your tablet.
Simply uninstall and reinstall.

So to follow up on my reply - DJI agree that there is a main board failure "Aircraft Encoder Error(0x20)" that may be interfering with the USB connectivity as well (firmware upgrade failure). Its on the next UPS bus to get fixed. As I said, six weeks to repair... I've only had it three weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl