Problem with My Drone Chasing Dog

Dee,Maybe I'm missing something. Is it illegal to leash your dog up where you live. We're talking about going out once in a while to fly your drone. Keep him/her in house or on a leash.
I truly don't get the issue.
You have a dog.
You fly a drone.
Dog likes to chase drone.
Leash or leave dog.
Sell drone.

Reactions: mdowney58
We nearly lost our dog the last time I set off my Phantom. He loves chasing it, and he would run everywhere just to find it. I let my drone fly a little higher and farther, and that time my dog was already out of sight. I maneuvered my drone to a safe landing, but my dog is nowhere to be found.
My brother helped me find him, but we still couldn't find him, so we went back home without my dog.
I was flustered. After an hour of two, I saw him running towards our home. It was such a huge relief.
I would never want for this situation to happen again. Anyone of you who has a similar experience? How did you manage it?
They just invented these. It's called a dog leash! Sorry, couldn't help it. Not sure if the guy is even serious. Amazon.com : Phydeaux's Mountain Climbing Rope Dog Leash - 6 ft - Premium Quality - Perfect for Medium and Large Breeds (Wild Animal) : Pet Supplies

Solution: Set Phantom to track dog. I think this would result in a starring match stand off until low battery juice and auto land

I have 5 Australian shepherds they are herding breed and when the P4 takes off they want to try to bring it back.
I would rather ditch my drone than hurt one of my dogs so I keep them at home.

I flew at a park one time and a dog started chasing my drone. I kept it away from him of course. Once I returned home, I researched why dogs chase drones. Turns out the Vision Positioning System (VPS) sends out a type of sound that dogs can hear. Some it bothers and others not. You might try turning off the VPS in the settings. Sorry I don't have the article as it was a long time ago. I don't have a dog so I was unable to test the this possible solution. Wishing you good luck.

My dog goes nuts to.i just don't fly anywhere near her and i dont bring her along when i fly.if she has to be there she's tied to a tree or on a leash.simple as that.

You probably know this, but be careful with the dog around the drone. A while back, someone here posted a thread about how their dog got excited and put its face in the props while the drone was taking off. I think the dog had to get stitches. I personally put my dog inside when I take off and land. But my dog loves to chase the drone too!

I flew at a park one time and a dog started chasing my drone. I kept it away from him of course. Once I returned home, I researched why dogs chase drones. Turns out the Vision Positioning System (VPS) sends out a type of sound that dogs can hear. Some it bothers and others not. You might try turning off the VPS in the settings. Sorry I don't have the article as it was a long time ago. I don't have a dog so I was unable to test the this possible solution. Wishing you good luck.
Interesting, and I think you may be on to something. Kind of like an ultrasonic dog whistle.

Reactions: NRJ
I live in rural area on 3.5 acres and we have a number of llamas and 6 dogs. I often use my P4 to check on the llamas and every time I do my dogs would love nothing more than to kill my P4. I've tried for nearly a year now to get them "use" to it to no avail. Fortunately the entire property is surrounded by chain link fences divided in to corrals so the dogs can't leave the property when they're attempting to murder my P4. My wife actually likes it because she says the dogs are trained to warn us of any stray drones from a 1/2 mile away!! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor