Problem with My Drone Chasing Dog

Reaction score
We nearly lost our dog the last time I set off my Phantom. He loves chasing it, and he would run everywhere just to find it. I let my drone fly a little higher and farther, and that time my dog was already out of sight. I maneuvered my drone to a safe landing, but my dog is nowhere to be found.
My brother helped me find him, but we still couldn't find him, so we went back home without my dog.
I was flustered. After an hour of two, I saw him running towards our home. It was such a huge relief.
I would never want for this situation to happen again. Anyone of you who has a similar experience? How did you manage it?

Reactions: Cuckaburra
Wait a minute. In your first post you said your dog was chasing your dog. Now your DRONE is chasing your dog? Put that drone on a leash! Bad drone! ;)

How about the dog on a leash when you fly or perhaps the dog should not be involved where you fly?

My dog absolutely hates my p4. He will take off down the road and go to my neighbors house when I fly at home which is OK. Everybody knows him and I live way out in the boondocks so he's pretty safe. Be comes beebopping back home when it's all over. He has gotten much better though. He's been dealing with toy quads for a year.

My dog, as soon as he hears my remote fire up, will come to my position & lay down as my feet until my bird is airborne, then she goes completely nuts, that is until I get to approx. 10-15 meters.in altitude & then goes about her business.
When I;m about to land, then immediately sits by my side, but barking now until bird is shut down.
I;m told, Sensors let off a sound , like a dog whistle & they react accordingly.

Glad I'm not the only one with a dumb dog. lol. Mine hates the drone. I have to put him away before I can fly. Same with my RC trucks. lmao

We nearly lost our dog the last time I set off my Phantom. He loves chasing it, and he would run everywhere just to find it. I let my drone fly a little higher and farther, and that time my dog was already out of sight. I maneuvered my drone to a safe landing, but my dog is nowhere to be found.
My brother helped me find him, but we still couldn't find him, so we went back home without my dog.
I was flustered. After an hour of two, I saw him running towards our home. It was such a huge relief.
I would never want for this situation to happen again. Anyone of you who has a similar experience? How did you manage it?
Train your dog

Caught my dog about to lift his leg on my phantom while it was on the ground before I started props...was engrossed in settings, and something told me to have a look at the bird. Lol...little ba$turd!! [emoji35]

I think he enjoys chasing it. The problem is we're afraid the next time he'll get lost, he won't be able to return back home.

Caught my dog about to lift his leg on my phantom while it was on the ground before I started props...was engrossed in settings, and something told me to have a look at the bird. Lol...little ba$turd!! [emoji35]
Shoulda' started the props

Reactions: ifly2high
I guess I really need to do something about it urgently before it happens again. I hate things going out of hand. I think collars would do. Any more ideas?

Nothing good can come of this. Find a new hobby for you and your dog or make sure the area is closed off. Dogs in general do not have good eye sight so it probably lost interest and got distracted.

I fly my drone in an open area. I'm still thinking if I should put a leash on him or limit the space where he runs and plays.

One of our neighbors suggested that we should use a shock collar to control/train our dog. I tried reading some details about the said collars online, but still, I'm quite unsure what to look for in getting one. Also, wouldn't the frequency from the shock collar interact with the frequency of the drone?

Reactions: schlepprock
It makes sense the sonar would annoy dogs. An episode of Martha Speaks was about an electronic dictionary putting out a high pitched squeal that nobody could hear but a typically mean dog in the show was particularly upset and chased several people up a tree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers