Problem update R/C to 1.4

Reaction score
P3A "R/C requires update." Tap screen. Only option appears is to watch how-to tutorial. A/C updated fine to 1.11.0020. How solve problem?

P3A "R/C requires update." Tap screen. Only option appears is to watch how-to tutorial. A/C updated fine to 1.11.0020. How solve problem?
You didn't say what you have currently on your RC, but if you are trying to get to 1.4 I think it's safe to assume you have something lower. If so, you probably need to use the old process of updating the RC with a USB stick first and then switch to the current method of doing it with only the app. Note that the GL300B RCs made the switch to app only updating one FW version prior to the GL300A RCs, so consider that depending on which version RC you have. Follow these steps closely.

Also, updating FW is optional, so hopefully you did your research about the significant initial restrictions with 1.11 before you chose to make that update.

If you are not aware, there have been literally hundreds of posts about it in the last 2+ months. You'll have no issue finding information in a search here, on google, or in the other forums.

Here are a couple of threads that should quickly shed some light:

Background of the restrictions, release notes, how to videos:
RC issue after firmware update??

Thread discussing the returning of restrictions:
After being cleared, flight restrictions return with power up (battery change)

How to log out:
Cannot fly further than 50 m although limit is set to 250m

TX much Oso. Will dig in and let you know outcome. Yes agree, always very reluctantly to update but the update was now 'old'. Mistake! as all previously working fine. Can I revert back to earlier version?

TX much Oso. Will dig in and let you know outcome. Yes agree, always very reluctantly to update but the update was now 'old'. Mistake! as all previously working fine. Can I revert back to earlier version?

Oso Sorry I gave poor info in original. A/C has currently version 1.10.90. OK to try manual update or forget about it? Just few it fine for 45 minutes - no issues. x'd out the low limits warning message on first flight and if went to 700 ft alt and over 1,000 distance and I backed off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164