Problem Calibrating Remote

Reaction score
Hi PhantomPilots. I have just purchased a phantom 3 standard. I had it shipped here to Turks and Caicos (very expensive process), took it out of the box, and did everything I was supposed to. The Remote was constantly beeping. I flew the drone and it yawed counter clock wise consistently. I went to calibrate the rc and it showed that it was full left stick although it was centered. I reset the calibration to 00 and the left/right movement on the stick will not register leaving the rc unable to calibrate. I have done this numerous times to no avail. Redownloaded the Go app, still nothing. If there is anything I can do here without shipping it off, please let me know of any suggestions. Thanks so much!

If the remote is constantly beeping - then you have a serious link problem. You should not have flown in that condition. I think you are lucky to have survived the flight.

I suggest you download the FULL manual from DJI or Phantomhelp site and read up on the error beeps / signals.

I am about to read it again now to see if I can help decipher your problem.

Nigel

mmmm read through the manual and as with many other factors - very little info there to help.

I assume you tried the Controller Calibration through the DJI Go app ?

Question : Are you sure the controller is linked fully to the AC ... there is a little LED on the side that should burn GREEN when WiFi and link is fully established. It burns RED if not connected ... or a fault in that link.

I would suggest as a first step - initiating Link reset ... Page 24 of the full manual.

Other than that ??

Maybe another has had similar problem and can help.

Nigel

Hi Doctoramos,

Is this a brand new Phantom 3 Standard?

As far as i know, the remote doesn't beep if there isn't a connection to the aircraft, it just shows a red light.

The remote beeps if a stick is held within a position that's not centered when its turned on, i.e if the left stick is stuck down when the remote is turned on it beeps quicly and loudly.

The remote also beeps when you initiate a wireless sync to the aircraft from the remote.

It kinda points to one of the remote controller sticks constantly being pushed in a certain direction?

Bingo ... the beep .... yes - the number of times my left stick gets stuck down with that silly latch effect it has. I switch on having left it from last flight ... BEEP BEEP BEEP it goes ...

BUT still does not explain the biased flight pattern he had unless both are unrelated.

Nigel

From what the OP says, it's seems one of the stick pots is defective/misplaced/disconnected. If sending the RC back to DJI under warranty is - for whatever reason - a major issue or would cost a fortune, I would try to carefully open it and see if there's anything obviously wrong. Finding a used remote could also be an alternative.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl