Probably always be behind

Reaction score
Maybe it's from growing up without much money, but I can't see myself spending more than 500 on a drone. If I had a 1500 dollar drone I'd probably be terrified of losing it. Anyone feel similar?

I sure did when I first got mine. It was months before I turned off the 500-meter distance limitation. I'm still nervous when I get beyond about 1000 meters...but it gets easier all the time. I've been doing more flying in a large open area where it's easier to keep in sight (well, almost)

Reactions: WvPilot
Someone once said, "The fear of death keeps many from living"
I was worried about crashing until I got comfortable with the controls. Once that happens, you can enjoy it. Practice, practice, practice. Eventually, reflexes become automatic. Sort of like driving a car. (Although some people never get good at that!!)

After you've flown 50 or so flights you'll say to yourself, I've received more than $1000 of pleasure and video/photos. So if I lose it, that's OK. When you get to that point, you'll feel more comfortable going on long missions. At some point you'll be thinking..... I wish I would accidentally lose this craft so I can justify buying the new P5, or whatever is the latest and greatest drone is at that point. That's when you'll start having some fun doing more risky flights like going under bridges, FPV through an abandoned building, FPV through the forest, 500' DOWN into into a deep canyon, 1640' up to the top of a mountain top, etc.

Reactions: Loz
Maybe it's from growing up without much money, but I can't see myself spending more than 500 on a drone. If I had a 1500 dollar drone I'd probably be terrified of losing it. Anyone feel similar?

I'm the complete opposite man. I grew up in a level of poverty that required us to grow our food or go hungry. I got out of that place as soon as I could and made my way around the world, got an education, a good career, and unfortunately at 38 years of age I'm a bigger kid than I ever could have been. Who cares about how much it costs, it's for entertaining me and knowing what it's like to truly have NOTHING, I enjoy everything I have and can have now.

I say worked hard long enough to buy toys ,,then spend kids inheritance,,that's what I'm doing right now. Not working for a year ,,and remodeling my house. And flying when the weather permits,,,still in Vlos. I'm still chicken,,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl