Price watch. UK

Looking on that website thats a HK company not uk based at all!!! Just look under contact us, not evn a phone number!!

I doubt there will be any genuine deals much below 1500 yet - not for a genuine uk company anyway!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Quinnage
I saw Toby deals and such when I was looking for my P3S and found one for 380 but having Googled the traders found out like yourself that they have bad reviews and based in Hong Kong or wherever so gonna end up paying import tax more than likely, I eventually got mine from Ebuyer.com for 420 which wasn't bad, they currently have the P4 for 1100 if anyone is after one but not the pro version unfortunately.

I have heard Drones4less are ok, however double check as i do not believe they ship within the uk!! I believe all shipping is outside the uk!! Thus imported and not an official uk item!!

Both the companies mentioned ship from Asia and upon entry to UK, you will be billed import duty. You will most likely be crap out of luck for any warranty issue.

Sent from my F8331 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If your going to buy a "Grey" import to save the VAT then go to someone like Digital Rev who have been in business many years and currently have a 24 hour turn around. I have ordered many times from them and you do not get hit for any VAT or import duty when the product arrives. Just bear in mind your warranty is with the country of origin so anything goes wrong then you have to send it back there rather than local. Otherwise you go to these other merchants you could be waiting weeks for it

I have heard Drones4less are ok, however double check as i do not believe they ship within the uk!! I believe all shipping is outside the uk!! Thus imported and not an official uk item!!

I purchased mine from drones for less, good service,,, I'm in the uk, it took 6 days it took to arrive with DHL,,, also free shipping, even though the the shipping was probably added to the price

Can I recommend very. Co. Uk

It's where I got my P3A from. I pay about £30 a month and dont get charged any extra % or anything. Worth doing

Neon Euc

Can I recommend very. Co. Uk

It's where I got my P3A from. I pay about £30 a month and dont get charged any extra % or anything. Worth doing

Neon Euc
Thanks for the information. I intend to wait till spring. They have brought out the new screen so waiting to see if they bring out a model with it incorporated. May be expensive though.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Reactions: Frankc
Avoid like hell.

They are a CN importer with a LOT of bad press around the net

eGlobal Central UK is rated "Average" with 5.5 / 10 on Trustpilot

eGlobal central uk WARNING - Forum Thread

If it looks cheap compared to everyone else then it's likely importer

Thanks for that. Will avoid. ;) One small point ALL these drones are imported. Your just buying them via a UK dealer. Which of course is a good thing, import duties, easier to contact if anything goes wrong etc.

Hi All This is my first post on this forum so please don't flame me too much, my ego can't handle the negative.

I have been flying an align MR25 since March 2016. I have never flown it in anything other than attitude (Aligns version of beginner) I was smashing props and crashing the drone that often that i thought there was a god of concrete. It didn't matter where i was flying, if it crashed it unfailingly found the hardest piece of ground to hit. I was going through 10 props and one motor per month and used up 3 mother boards. I can now fly circles figure 8's and hover anywhere i want.

From £320 to nearly £2000 was an enormous leap for me. I wanted the "leaves in my hair" mavic experience as per their advert and could see the dji experience was much more professional than the repair it yourself Align (Like FORD cars spares are plentiful and cheap).

I wouldn't call myself anything other than a beginner and was so worried that the first thing i would do is crash. I read up on the mavic and the p4p+ and decided to take a loan. After sales service and some form of crash warranty was pretty essential.
DJI care, hmm, cheap enough but the horrendous shipping arrangements, naaaahhh! So who else offers crash warranty and is there any added value.

Mavic v p4p+, the camera is better in the p4p+ and the software looks to have identical functionality, the + version has a screen with 10,000 nits, whatever they are, but the screen is powered by the controller so one less device battery to worry about. Battery life looks equivalent, and i couldn't get over the weakness inherent in a folding arm hinge during a crash.

I know it will crash.

So order placed with Heliguy for p4p+ and extended crash warranty, just over £2000.

It arrived and the weather was bad for another 5 days. So, select beginner mode mantra firmly engraved, the first good day came and full of the joys of spring and the essential "press every button" experience . I pressed RTH, whoops, it tried to land between a tree and a covered wooden trellis seat. I know now that i should have just pushed the throttle up and make it climb, but my mr25 practice was to minimise the damage by stopping the motors before they chew everything to bits. First time out first battery, destroy one prop.

Over the next few days i noticed a shudder. I rang Heliguy and told them i could do the work could i have a motor please.
The motor arrived the following day and the p4p+ was back in a pristine condition.

Beginner mode is fool proof and to prove it i invited next doors kids, 9 and 11, to come round and have a go. Two batteries later we were all exhausted.

Its so safe even a kid can fly it. They were landing in a hula hoop as part of the practice, that's how easy it is to fly.

I think the problem is that once you come out of beginner mode if you don't have previous experience of flying then you have a very steep learning curve which is probably best learned from a drone costing a lot less. The BMFA competency test for a quad is to fly a circuit figure 8 with the nose pointing in the direction of travel at a constant height.

My recommendation
1, learn to fly a cheap drone first (expect to spend at least the cost of the drone in spare parts)
2, buy from a dealer who offers a no quibble crash warranty
3, buy from a dealer with great after sales service

In the UK i would recommend Heliguy (any DJI product) and Midland Helicopter for the MR25 (great little racing quad)

Hope this helps, don't buy cheapest buy from a great dealer.

Andy

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks for that Andy. An excellent first post.

Its always good to to get good recommendations. Sometimes we tend to focus on the negative so its great to hear positive feed back.

I for one will be keeping an eye on Heliguys prices.

Here is a good practice tip for you. Find a pole or similar and just try flying around it without hesitation in a perfect circle. Not as easy as it sounds, not manually anyway ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94