Price watch. UK

Were Amazon a lot cheaper than Wex/QuadcoptersUK/First Person view? All of those do next day delivery

All those you mention, apart from First Person View who I have never heard of, have bad reviews. Bit like Eglobal express and the one with a PO Box in Cheltenham they too dont look like they can be trusted with your money.

However Amazon have a good reputation to uphold and have their money back promise etc. They have always dealt with my returns, complaints etc in the past so I have all reason to believe they will in the future. That is why I ordered through them. The Phantom 4 pro + is currently £1242 but its on back order. Due to come in and be delivered between 20th and 26th May. Say beginning of June to be safe. Before you dash on there to order I think I got the last one at that price. It appears to have shot back up to £1719 again. I did take the precaution of printing out their advert and keeping the conformation email. Ok they may revise it back up again but you never know. Update. It's still on their 'also buy from' bit. So probably still available at the lower price. Just look bottom right on the advert, link below.

Looking forward to getting it and going flying again.

For the doubting Thomas's out there this is my order confirmation. Obviously I have left out my personal details.

Placed on May 12, 2017
DJI CP. PT. 000547 Phantom 4 Pro Plus Kameradrohne 20 Mega Pixel White/Grey
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

£1,242.00
Item Subtotal: £1,035.00
Postage & Packing: £3.96
Promotion Applied: -£3.96

Total Before VAT: £1,035.00
VAT: £207.00

Order Total: £1,242.00
Selected Payment Method: Visa

One last thing. Just in case you were wondering about the EU S.arL bit its Amazon's facility at Sarl located in Lëtzebuerg, Luxembourg. Their head office. Apparently their stock goes via Jersey. Makes no difference to terms and conditions, returns etc.

Last edited:
Wex have superb customer service, are UK based and are a 100% genuine DJI Official Dealer, I'm amazed that you could find many people willing to give them a bad review. Quadcopters UK are a retail outlet and have been around longer than most - I've never had a problem with them but there are a few bad reviews online. First Person view in Lancing have also been around for ages, their customer service is second to none. again, they have a customer desk where you can go and physically collect your orders.

I see you've bought the one that's on back order on Amazon (it looks as though it's being fulfilled by Amazon DE, yes it's the cheapest but......they may never re-stock at that price - it's about 30% cheaper than their own listing which also says 'not released yet' which all seems a bit odd.

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: DJI Phantom 4 Pro + Camera - White

Amazon sometimes use 'placeholder' prices for items that are out of stock - they have no contract to sell to you at that price and if they can't secure the stock at that (very cheap) price they'll just cancel the order and refund you.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly and you get your P4P+ on time - keep us posted

Wex have superb customer service, are UK based and are a 100% genuine DJI Official Dealer, I'm amazed that you could find many people willing to give them a bad review. Quadcopters UK are a retail outlet and have been around longer than most - I've never had a problem with them but there are a few bad reviews online. First Person view in Lancing have also been around for ages, their customer service is second to none. again, they have a customer desk where you can go and physically collect your orders.

I see you've bought the one that's on back order on Amazon (it looks as though it's being fulfilled by Amazon DE, yes it's the cheapest but......they may never re-stock at that price - it's about 30% cheaper than their own listing which also says 'not released yet' which all seems a bit odd.

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: DJI Phantom 4 Pro + Camera - White

Amazon sometimes use 'placeholder' prices for items that are out of stock - they have no contract to sell to you at that price and if they can't secure the stock at that (very cheap) price they'll just cancel the order and refund you.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly and you get your P4P+ on time - keep us posted

Thanks. I am half expecting not to get it at that price but you never know. As for the other companies its nice to get some recommendations from fellow forum members. If it actually does arrive the next step is some FPV goggles, probably the Glyph? ones.

So roll on the 26th and lets see what happening.

Update.

Just got an email a couple of mins ago :-

Hello,

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"DJI CP. PT. 000547 Phantom 4 Pro Plus Kameradrohne 20 Mega Pixel White/Grey"
Previous estimated arrival date: May 24 2017 - May 26 2017
New estimated arrival date: May 17 2017 - May 19 2017

Nope its the P4P pro +. If you scroll to the top of this page you will see the cut and pasted advert from Amazon.

5.25pm and they have not arrived as yet. The tracking info still says due for delivery today...................

Thanks Andy!

Guess what? :)

Its arrived. I have unpacked. Activated. Everything, so far looks good. Its a brand new, never opened Phantom 4 Pro Plus!

First Impressions are really good. The screen is bright and the touch screen worked faultlessly so far. At the moment they are on charge.

The only minor, and it is minor, point is that it does not come with a 3 pin plug. However neither did any of the three cameras I have. So I simply unplugged a camera battery charger. Plugged in the Phantom charger and away its going!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119