Preflight Checklist

You should have 6+ satellites before taking off. Otherwise, your Phantom will not mark its home point and you'll be flying in ATTI mode.

IndianaDronez said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeD5b9ftW94&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys,

I created this DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ preflight checklist for beginners. I was hoping to get some feedback from everyone! Please let me know what you think. I plan on changing the satellite number to 7 by the way. All feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I watch that video and he was wrong about taking off with only 5 satellites as you need 7 or more for home lock before takeoff.

Doing the compass calibration on the concrete wasn't the best of ideas either. At least lift it up off the surface. Most likely wire mesh in it.

jason said:
he was wrong about taking off with only 5 satellites as you need 7 or more for home lock before takeoff
Check out your DJI manual. It's 6+.

Last edited:
msinger said:
jason said:
he was wrong about taking off with only 5 satellites as you need 7 or more for home lock before takeoff

Sorry you'll not get home lock with only 6 satellites but it doesn't mean you can't fly. You can fly without any satellites but if for some reason you either switch to failsafe or loose connection with your craft it will then be known as a flyaway. So do yourself a favor do not be a dumb *** and wait till you have 7 or more satellites before takeoff.

jason said:
msinger said:
jason said:

Sorry you'll not get home lock with only 6 satellites but it doesn't mean you can't fly. You can fly without any satellites but if for some reason you either switch to failsafe or loose connection with your craft it will then be known as a flyaway. So do yourself a favor do not be a dumb *** and wait till you have 7 or more satellites before takeoff.
Let's not spread incorrect information.

Per the DJI manual:
Ready to Fly: When 6 or more GPS satellites have been found, the Flight Control System will lock its home point
and Rear LED Flight Indicators will blink a slow green

While it's true that it's better to have more satellites, only 6 are required in order to take off. Once in the air, the satellite count usually increases.

So other then the satellites, which I will change to 7 (to be safe), what do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

If you're going for accuracy, I would not include information that goes against what is in the Phantom manual. If this is just your "suggested" checklist, then have at it and include anything your little heart desires (correct or not) :cool:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl