Posting Missions in the Mission Hub (Litchi)

Reaction score
Wasn't sure how to word this. One day I saw a button on the Litchi Mission Hub labeled "Discovery." You can scroll around the world and see many missions created by others. You can see videos and the waypoint/poi information.

How do you get a mission posted so it shows up in Discovery?

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Wasn't sure how to word this. One day I saw a button on the Litchi Mission Hub labeled "Discovery." You can scroll around the world and see many missions created by others. You can see videos and the waypoint/poi information.

How do you get a mission posted so it shows up in Discovery?

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

UPDATE: It looks like one needs to have a site (and link the URL) to have missions show up on the world map. So (A) you need to have both the mission *and* a resulting video of the flight, make sure it isn't marked private (it's apparently public by default) and then reference it accordingly. Guess I'd better drop a request to the Litchi help guys in the UK.

Well that would answer the same question that I had - couldn't figure it out but decided I wasn't that bothered..

Last edited:
A GRAY MATTER ISSUE: I have never used the Mission Hub (Litchi), so out of curiosity I opened the site and was looking at the closest 7-8 planned Litchi missions. Having acquired my FAA Part 107 commercial license, recently, I was shocked to see at least 6 of these planned missions within a mile of an active airport. Most critical of all, 3 of these were just off the end of a runway. i.e. On a beach, etc.

If someone is smart enough to program a mission on Litchi, they should very well be smart enough to know that flying just off the end of a runway is illegal AND DANGEROUS.

NOTE: In no way does this reflect negatively against Litchi. That is a great program.

A GRAY MATTER ISSUE: I have never used the Mission Hub (Litchi), so out of curiosity I opened the site and was looking at the closest 7-8 planned Litchi missions. Having acquired my FAA Part 107 commercial license, recently, I was shocked to see at least 6 of these planned missions within a mile of an active airport. Most critical of all, 3 of these were just off the end of a runway. i.e. On a beach, etc.

If someone is smart enough to program a mission on Litchi, they should very well be smart enough to know that flying just off the end of a runway is illegal AND DANGEROUS.

NOTE: In no way does this reflect negatively against Litchi. That is a great program.

Amen. I saw a Litchi mission that was actually at the airport! One can only assume that either (a) the airport was not open at the time and/or (b) the pilot had permission - taking video of construction or something similar.

Otherwise, I'd keep away from characters like that!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Amen. I saw a Litchi mission that was actually at the airport! One can only assume that either (a) the airport was not open at the time and/or (b) the pilot had permission - taking video of construction or something similar.

Otherwise, I'd keep away from characters like that!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Not long ago I belonged to a RC airplane club who had permission to fly in a field at the end of a small (no tower) airport. When anyone heard a plane motor, all RC aircraft immediately landed. And you never approached the field to fly without a spotter. One Saturday a real hot shot pilot in a very fast small plane buzzed our little field. Not only do you have crazy RC drone pilots, but there are just as many real aircraft pilots, hotshots. That was my last day to fly at that field. I also flew powered gliders and you just cannot land one of those fast. This is the path he took as he zipped over the RC club. Scary!

I will also tell you that a published Litchi mission on the hub is RARELY the footage that is connected to that mission. Usually, the flight vids are edited, shortened, graded, etc. and do NOT match the waypoint missions they are part of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan