Post your Sunrise and Sunset picture...

Great shot. How do you keep the land from being too dark when shooting into the sun? Can you tell me what filters and/or settings you are using? Thanks

It was a photo in automatic... but I always shoot in RAW. Then you just need to adjust in photoshop, or similar, so the blacks are actually black, and the whites are white. After that you can adjust the color if needed.

In this particular photo I probably increased the midtones a little bit to bring the grass up.

Here's a prairie sunset from Canada with a little bit of rain in the distance.

sunset.jpg

I have a problem taking shots while the sun in the front
Any advice guys?!

I use 3-pack PolarPro filters

56473552b6f568f7195550e590654382.jpg

My latest photo, not sunset though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: SGs
VERY nicely executed. Fantastuc foreground interest.
Thanks "With The Birds". The true cost of sunset photographs near the river are the number of mosquito bites. I think I have lost my immunity to the creatures due to chemo. I was fortunate with that photo because the water was high in the river leaving only the taller trees above water level. Too, it was early spring and no leaves were on the trees and it was one of my first flights (beginners luck). I have trying to get a misty morning shot along the river but the weather has not been right for it as yet. I like your photo above and envy the mist. - Joe

View attachment 57326 Northern Ontario 9:26pm and the mosquitos where out to see the sun set too.
Its a beautiful sky Erised. Im my personal opinion, and this is subjective so please dont take offence, the dark area in the lower frame should either be cropped out or exposed so that some more detail is apparent. I find the large area of black constantly draws my attentionn away from that beautiful sky. You could take a second frame at a longer exposure and blend or several bracket shots for a HDR blend. Again only my opinion.

Reactions: Erised

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl