Possibly interested small racing quad

Reaction score
Hello,

So I am professional photographer on the side and after getting my P3P I knew I wasn't getting it just for the photographic and video opportunities. I love the feeling of flying FPV. That said it wasn't long until i was racing around tress and caught one. I'll call it luck and assume it was my 1 warning that my expensive toy isn't the best for these activities.

So I am interested in learning more about getting one of these FPV quads that are better suited for racing around and taking a beating

Any recommendations for ready to fly units? Seems like a lot of people build these from what I gather. Also, any opportunity to use the P3P remote so ave on cost and have less gear?

I noticed a writeup on this in the current AMA magazine - the JR Americas Ninja - admittidly, it is not what you specified (no fpv) but an agile 3D quad that may interest you. Not cheap but affordable.

250.jpg

http://www.jramericas.com/ninja/

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
How about a P1 with a FatShark kit and fly her in manual mode ?

Reactions: dirkclod
I too was like that. Bought the P3P, but I only bought it for the aerial video and photography, but it was much more fun flying the P3P than I expected. SO I got a RTF racing drone (http://www.helipal.com/storm-racing-drone-rtf-type-a.html). Bought t the whole setup, spent way too much, got it to the house and hated it. Absolutely hated it. Flying a regular quadcopter is an entirely different approach, and feel. Its the difference between sailing and motorboating. I learned I'm not very good at it, and I was spending way more time frustrated and irritated than I was having any real fun. So I sold the whole kitnkaboodle to a friend, and I'm much happier sailing my P3P. For me, the approach of "slow & steady" wins out over "fast & hard" everytime...

Thanks for the options. Crazy seeing them flip upside down!!

The videos from racing quad Wizaerd posted look just like what I want to do! Zip around tress and buildings in FPV looks so cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka