Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Possibly interested small racing quad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoreGone, Jul 22, 2015.

1. MoreGone

Hello,

So I am professional photographer on the side and after getting my P3P I knew I wasn't getting it just for the photographic and video opportunities. I love the feeling of flying FPV. That said it wasn't long until i was racing around tress and caught one. I'll call it luck and assume it was my 1 warning that my expensive toy isn't the best for these activities.

So I am interested in learning more about getting one of these FPV quads that are better suited for racing around and taking a beating

Any recommendations for ready to fly units? Seems like a lot of people build these from what I gather. Also, any opportunity to use the P3P remote so ave on cost and have less gear?

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I noticed a writeup on this in the current AMA magazine - the JR Americas Ninja - admittidly, it is not what you specified (no fpv) but an agile 3D quad that may interest you. Not cheap but affordable.

[​IMG]

http://www.jramericas.com/ninja/

750r and dirkclod like this.
  3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

That's just bada@s ! Guy can fly ! :eek:

750r likes this.
  4. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

5. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

That I might could swing but the other one with the props reversing is bad !

6. 750r

How about a P1 with a FatShark kit and fly her in manual mode ?

dirkclod likes this.
  7. Wizaerd

I too was like that. Bought the P3P, but I only bought it for the aerial video and photography, but it was much more fun flying the P3P than I expected. SO I got a RTF racing drone (http://www.helipal.com/storm-racing-drone-rtf-type-a.html). Bought t the whole setup, spent way too much, got it to the house and hated it. Absolutely hated it. Flying a regular quadcopter is an entirely different approach, and feel. Its the difference between sailing and motorboating. I learned I'm not very good at it, and I was spending way more time frustrated and irritated than I was having any real fun. So I sold the whole kitnkaboodle to a friend, and I'm much happier sailing my P3P. For me, the approach of "slow & steady" wins out over "fast & hard" everytime...

8. MoreGone

Thanks for the options. Crazy seeing them flip upside down!!

The videos from racing quad Wizaerd posted look just like what I want to do! Zip around tress and buildings in FPV looks so cool!