Possibly interested small racing quad

Reaction score
Hello,

So I am professional photographer on the side and after getting my P3P I knew I wasn't getting it just for the photographic and video opportunities. I love the feeling of flying FPV. That said it wasn't long until i was racing around tress and caught one. I'll call it luck and assume it was my 1 warning that my expensive toy isn't the best for these activities.

So I am interested in learning more about getting one of these FPV quads that are better suited for racing around and taking a beating

Any recommendations for ready to fly units? Seems like a lot of people build these from what I gather. Also, any opportunity to use the P3P remote so ave on cost and have less gear?

I noticed a writeup on this in the current AMA magazine - the JR Americas Ninja - admittidly, it is not what you specified (no fpv) but an agile 3D quad that may interest you. Not cheap but affordable.

250.jpg

http://www.jramericas.com/ninja/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
How about a P1 with a FatShark kit and fly her in manual mode ?

Reactions: dirkclod
I too was like that. Bought the P3P, but I only bought it for the aerial video and photography, but it was much more fun flying the P3P than I expected. SO I got a RTF racing drone (http://www.helipal.com/storm-racing-drone-rtf-type-a.html). Bought t the whole setup, spent way too much, got it to the house and hated it. Absolutely hated it. Flying a regular quadcopter is an entirely different approach, and feel. Its the difference between sailing and motorboating. I learned I'm not very good at it, and I was spending way more time frustrated and irritated than I was having any real fun. So I sold the whole kitnkaboodle to a friend, and I'm much happier sailing my P3P. For me, the approach of "slow & steady" wins out over "fast & hard" everytime...

Thanks for the options. Crazy seeing them flip upside down!!

The videos from racing quad Wizaerd posted look just like what I want to do! Zip around tress and buildings in FPV looks so cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen