Possible solution to horizon tilt on yaw

Reaction score
Check your yaw gain settings in the app I mistakenly decrease the gain setting to 80% thinking that this would slow my yaw rate but actually to slow the yaw rate u should be only changing the EXP setting

I think this is the cause of my Horizon tilt when yawing to the left and right

And this fixed it for you?

The GAIN tab adjusts how the Phantom reacts with wind. If the 100% setting is correct, changing it means the Phantom won't counter wind as much.

I dont see how this would affect tilted horizon issues.. maybe you just went lucky.

so far it has but i've only put in 1 flight

i'm going to try again when i get some time

my tilt problem is that when i yaw at the end of the yaw the horizon would be tilted then if i stay still the phantom gradually corrects itself and the horizon becomes straight again

i can't be sure yet, i'll have to put in a few more flights - i'll be curious if this helps anyone else - i suspect it only applies to yaw induced horizon tilt which then corrects within a few seconds not a fixed tilt - if that makes any sense

The horizon issue is very tricky and it's difficult to correlate setting changes with actual effects.

So i did a few more flights today, still have the horizon till but its not as bad as previously so maybe it helped a bit but didn.t solve the problem

Now the horizon only noticeably tilts if yawing fast and by a large amount

Horizon issue is a compass issue. I think there are software(firmware) mistakes which calculate wrong data from compass. You may turn left for 360 degrees and see Horizon level will tilt rigth then left. It means P4p has compass issues.

Reactions: AyeYo
Horizon issue is a compass issue. I think there are software(firmware) mistakes which calculate wrong data from compass. You may turn left for 360 degrees and see Horizon level will tilt rigth then left. It means P4p has compass issues.

I agree and another way to trigger the issue is to speed up. The faster you go the more that it tilts. My theory is that whatever algorithm DJI uses to average or utilize both compasses, has a flaw in it. The issue is definitely worse than it used to be with my single compass P3P.

I agree and another way to trigger the issue is to speed up. The faster you go the more that it tilts. My theory is that whatever algorithm DJI uses to average or utilize both compasses, has a flaw in it. The issue is definitely worse than it used to be with my single compass P3P.

We have disconnected 1 compass. Then connect it and disconnected the 2nd. No had good result. The same, horizon tilting ((( Yesterday I installed new Legs with compasses. The same ((
Today I will upgrade firmware....

I've gotten the beta firmware and it doesn't seem to have fixed it for me. Maybe slightly but it's still pretty bad.

I've gotten the beta firmware and it doesn't seem to have fixed it for me. Maybe slightly but it's still pretty bad.

How'd you get the beta firmware and how old is the beta, is it from a couple of months ago???

I PM'ed Natailia on the DJI forums and she hooked me up. Added my DJI account to the beta. Not sure how old, can check later

I am running the beta and it is WAY better. The horizon is sooooo much better than before. I'm hoping they release an official firmware update soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen