Possible Battery problem

Reaction score
Just went out today with P3P after about 4 days , and used battery that was not used for about 8 days and got a warning with battery cell . so removed battery and used different one .
popped same battery with fault in , and working fine again . check pictures
766c67b29348e52881e0a1d97dcd2bea.jpg
3acf5c96ff6e8ca308b6407daddeb7fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Self-discharge in storage means, well, that the battery wasn't being used for $TimeToDischargeDays, and therefore discharged itself to a safe-for-storage level.

Cell broken... well, possibly a bad cell (each battery contains 4 cells). Check out this thread: Battery Cell Broken

~~

You could try a deep discharge on the bad pack and see if that helps restore it. Obviously.... testing it VERY cautiously the first time back up in the air.
Otherwise... dispose of it via the proper channels. DO NOT THROW IT IN YOUR REGULAR TRASH.

Reactions: Technikal
Looking @ pics cell 1 not happy, from being around awhile here you learn, if you have a deviation of over 0.07 between cells it's not so good so they say, you have 0.11 hence warning I'd say, hang on in there as somebody more technical than ourselves will sort you out, Shammyh has started input

Reactions: Technikal
I Will discharge and then fully charge , that usualy sorts out my lipo batteries to balance correctly . then get back to u

After 11 charges this is concerning. Cell 1 is significantly out of balance and the reported capacity is down almost 20%.

My worst battery out of 6 didnt report any capacity loss untill 35 charge cycles.

I usually land at or above 20% and recharge after flight to 50%. Wherever possible i charge the day i fly.

What is the history on this pack. Age, storage charge%, days to auto discharge, do you keep them at 100% for extended periods, have they been stored at higher temp?

age ( drone) less then 5 months old from purchase date , i have set discharge to 10 days .
i charge to full after a few hours and use normally less then a week.

Ok.... so battery has spent most of its life at full charge.

LiPOs really dont like being kept at full charge. You will get greatly reduced capacity, in some instances 40% capacity loss in 12mths so unfortunately your issue isnt a suprise.

thanks , u just made me realise my bad habit. i need to leave used to about 20% - 30 % . and then charge day or night before using . [emoji106]

thanks , u just made me realise my bad habit. i need to leave used to about 20% - 30 % . and then charge day or night before using . [emoji106]

Or simply change your $DaysToDischarge setting in DJI Go. If you set it to something conservative, like 2-3 days, that should help quite a bit.

Just remember... always fully charge your batteries after allowing them to auto-discharge and on top of that, fly carefully/cautiously on your first flight after a battery has been recharge after an auto-discharge has happened.

I would charge them back up to 50% after flying then full charge before flight. It is worth the extra effort to me to get the most life and reliability out of them.

You have a 6 month warranty on the battery. I had a bad cell and used the online chat. They asked for a couple of photos of the dji screen sent me a ups label. Sent the battery to Cali and they sent me a brand new battery even though at first they said they were going to repair it. It has to be trucked because it's lipo took 2 weeks but I'm happy now. Also you will need the receipt from when you bought the battery or drone if it came with the drone[emoji106]

i need to check warranty in uk. strange thing is , i used the battery to discharge it , no errors and checked cells when it was down to 30% and all cells were same volts exactly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl