Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Possible Battery Issue ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noiseboy72, Sep 22, 2014.

1. noiseboy72

Jul 13, 2014
    Sudden extra demand on the battery - sharp ascent, manoeuvre or just a wind correction can cause the battery light to come on, as the voltage will momentarily drop.

Older batteries will be worse for this, as their current capacity drops over time. I get this occasionally when at about 50% and then apply more power.

Solution is to fly more gently and just be aware that current demand has finite limits, so try and fly within this.
  2. 4wd

Mar 31, 2014
    I was surprised one of mine triggered the low battery alarm briefly today, and it is almost new and had just taken off with over 90% remaining. Not sure but I only heard the audible alarm with no red indicator? - but maybe it did flash momentarily.
    As it got higher there was surprising strong wind and it happened when that hit, the rest of the flight was normal but I only went down to 45% anyway.
    I think this is to be expected if there is a sudden high demand and not necessarily something to worry about.
    Not the same issue as the sudden autoland at first alarm - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324