Poor Range

Reaction score
Just been out with the phantom 2 and lost range at about 0.3 of a mile. Could my batteries need changing in my receiver? I have checked them and they seem to be OK. Could it be anything else. I was in a built up area. What is the best position for the antenna on the receiver to get maximum range?

weephillie said:
Just been out with the phantom 2 and lost range at about 0.3 of a mile. Could my batteries need changing in my receiver? I have checked them and they seem to be OK. Could it be anything else. I was in a built up area. What is the best position for the antenna on the receiver to get maximum range?

You legend Phil :)

Stick the silver energizers in your receiver - expensive but highest power. Probably wi-fi signals interrupted your flight if you were in a built up area - height is also a factor, I've found the higher the better for everything. Aerial not straight up on receiver but pointing almost sideways.

It'll be interference though mate - had it myself and it forced a return to home. Hidden mobile phone masts or rogue wi-fi signals from houses. More likely the mobile phone masts - they got me 3 times now. Nearest mast probably 1/3 mile away too and if I fly anywhere near it I lose contact and a RTH happens.

Catch you soon for a meet up!

Thanks mate

I got the spironet antennas and I'm using those at the mo. The ibcrazy 5 turn is still out of stock. Lost reception in me goggles just as I lost control of the phantom but it was ok as it went into RTH mode ...which it did! Hoping for a better picture when the other antenna is in stock.

There is a mobile phone mast close by so that could be it.

Catch up with you soon!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart