PolarPro ND Filters (mini-review)

Reaction score
Just a quick review................ more later after I get them out in the field. Very nice set! 6 filters in all, in a nice carrying case. Also 6 pouches included for individual carry. I've been using the Wratten 3-stop gels, and not having had quite enough filtering, I knew and went immediately to to the ND32 5-Stop filter. Perfect for our blazing sun down here in 105 degrees! Took me right down to 50 on shutter speed, and I shoot 4K at 24fps. That's as far as I've gotten. Here are some cell pics of the complete package. I'll post later on results after trying out them all.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

7.jpg

And a new decal for my case!

8.jpg

@snerd - Thanks for this! While I am new to the P3A I've been shooting film and digital for longer than I care to admit.

When I took the P3 up for its first test flight, the video was good, and the images were great for what the camera is - but I really was jonesing for a ND and/or Polarizer ...

Once you get it up can you post some pics with/without ... i'd really like to see it with just the plain UV, ND, P, ND+P but I wont be greedy :)

-john

Reactions: snerd
Very nice looking. I'll be interested in seeing your results in the field. I bought the ND4 - 32 filter set from TACORC, but my ND32 arrived cracked. They replaced it kindly I might add, but that was two weeks ago and I just got the 32 today. I haven't tried it yet.

I also have Snake River Prototyping's graduated ND16 to 8 filter. It's good, but the sun here in SE Texas is blazing white right now so it's effect isn't strong enough. I still get too much overexposure with it in the sky area of my shot on most days when doubling my frame rate with the shutter speed (usually 60 shutter speed).

Nice looking case you received too! My TACOs came in a Velcro plastic fold over case. Snake River's came in a circular metal case.

Reactions: snerd
Oh! These replace the UV filter, so no extra weight! They screw on VERY smooth. I had heard they had problems with the first design not being threaded very well. These go on smooth as silk.

I got these package too,so useful for me,but I haven't the filter case,is your package include that case?

@snerd, nice thanks for posting. Ordered this kit up last night (Directly from Polar Pro due to nice case for ordering from their site vs Amazon). They list the case in the description but item is not available for preview on their site. Did you purchase direct from Polar Pro to get that case? Can't wait to get mine.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

@snerd, nice thanks for posting. Ordered this kit up last night (Directly from Polar Pro due to nice case for ordering from their site vs Amazon). They list the case in the description but item is not available for preview on their site. Did you purchase direct from Polar Pro to get that case? Can't wait to get mine.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing!
Yes, it was a part of the kit. I can't seem to find the link, but it was $149 for the kit. They were backordered, and had just gotten some in, so maybe it's a special-order thing? I'll poke around and try to find it again.

awesome, thanks, excited for them to show up. They were showing them available when I ordered yesterday polarprofilters.com. Still looks like they have in stock for those looking.

Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 9.51.10 PM.png

I really like the case, it's slicker than snot! I just stick it in the backside pouch of my case, along with my Air 2.

Nice! Hopefully by mid-week I'll be able to give them a try. They seem to be the nicest filters out there from what I could find. Image quality on some video I've see on youtube is all time. They look to be good quality

I really like the case, it's slicker than snot! I just stick it in the backside pouch of my case, along with my Air 2.

I'm sure it's overkill, but since they sent you the bags as well, have you seen if the case still closes if they are in the bags in the case?

I'm sure it's overkill, but since they sent you the bags as well, have you seen if the case still closes if they are in the bags in the case?
No, never thought of that. I doubt it, as the pouches are good size............... I don't think they'll lay flat enough to fit. And I'm in bed, not gonna go look tonight lol!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl