Polar Pro Lights Helps with Orientation

Reaction score
These LED lights are actually helping me see the Phantom from a far away and helps me with orientation of the copter. Although a bit expensive,but its a great accesory to have.

put some leds all around it then you will really see it at night real good

I agree, got mine today and can be seen in daylight and night. I used the flashing lights in daytime and it could easily be seen. Was wondering about comments about GPS and have taken them on and off and no change in number of satellites and no difference in flying. Considering there is a huge battery just below the motherboard, I did not think small battery would have any effect being on top. But after seeing that I still
was hitting 16-17 satellites with it on or off I hope this means I have nothing to worry about.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455945378.976228.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455945390.643722.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455945403.678900.jpg

Reactions: ChaneRZ
My eyes may be tired or I may be expecting too much but yesterday I flew my first flight with these on and it was a bright overcast sky and these lights didn't really do much for me. And, I wasn't far away either. I had them set to flashing as well. I'll work with them more and see how it goes but for daytime they weren't cutting through as much as I'd hoped. I'm sure night flying they will be effective. It can be said that they do show up in daytime though, which is more than the phantom itself provides and which amounts to nothing really. They just don't cut through as much as I wanted. They are small leds after all. Better than nothing in daylight, I suppose. Super effective for orientation, no imo. Maybe something your eye could catch to help you spot the bird out there, but nothing more. Looking forward to a night flight.

I prefer the onscreen map and orientation icon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did red leds to the front and white to the back to go with current led color theme for front or back. Works great. Clip on secure pretty nicely. Looms great at night works great for lights for the o help with orientation

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 430
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 435
Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads