Polar Pro filters and P4

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Polar Pro filters not easily threading on? I bought a 6 pack, and a 3 pack of gradients. They dont seem to be the same thread size or count. Ive been sent replacements by Polar Pro (without hesitation) and while they fit better, they still dont seem right compared to the stock lens cover. Now, I am wondering if the threads on the P4 are slightly different than the P3?

Mine fit perfectly. I have applied some silicon lubricant carefully to the thread on the camera with a cotton bud to assist with fitting. I also put them on and off "side on" to the drone, never with it facing me directly...that seems to help. And when installing, if you have trouble finding the start of the thread, screw it the other way...this helps avoid a cross-thread and you can feel it click over the best start position.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have P3 Polar Pro filters and have no trouble using them with my P4. They are easy to thread on/off.

I bought the cinema series polar pro and its the best $99 I ever spent on lenses. The glass quality is unparalleled. Crystal clear. No issues threading on or off either.

For a reference the stock filter feels rough threading on and off compared to the polar pro. AND the Taco ND filters I bought also thread interestingly worse than the stock DJI lens.

Bottom line. You get what you pay for with Polar Pro.

I have seen complaints that the thread on the camera is sometimes of poor quality out of the factory. Mine are fine, as are the excellent PolarPro filters.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with Polar Pro filters not easily threading on? I bought a 6 pack, and a 3 pack of gradients. They dont seem to be the same thread size or count. Ive been sent replacements by Polar Pro (without hesitation) and while they fit better, they still dont seem right compared to the stock lens cover. Now, I am wondering if the threads on the P4 are slightly different than the P3?
I've been using the Cinema Series ND4/8/16 PL ones for the last couple weeks and have been getting awesome results and no threading issues like you're saying for me.

On my ND16/PL filter, the part you turn to get the polarizer in the right place is harder to turn then the 8 and 4 ones but that's a result of the filter itself and not really a problem, just a little different than the other two.

I'm making a video right now showing my results of playing with these filters for the last week that I'll post in a few days.

Hope you get sorted.

Reactions: bumblebee14
I have 2 for my P4 and they thread just fine. A little tricky getting them started, but once it's going it screws right on just fine.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am new to this area. Would you guys please post which filters you use in different conditions? I would appreciate the tips.

Reactions: Jonathan Haines

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl