Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

I'm starting to lose my rag with this gimbal. I tried all the tricks in this forum post and it still seems to just go mental a minute after starting up. My last flight it started jumping all over the place mid flight. I thought the phantoms was falling from the sky.
I've ordered the new camera holder part. If that doesn't work then ill just give up I think. I'm even more annoyed now that I find DJI has got a new one

pugnacious said:
I'm starting to lose my rag with this gimbal. I tried all the tricks in this forum post and it still seems to just go mental a minute after starting up. My last flight it started jumping all over the place mid flight. I thought the phantoms was falling from the sky.
I've ordered the new camera holder part. If that doesn't work then ill just give up I think. I'm even more annoyed now that I find DJI has got a new one

did you load the taco rc profile to your gimbal controller?

Hi Richard I just received my Gimbal and will be setting it up this evening and I would like to your your profile for the gimbal is there a place to download this profile?

Regards,

John

yeah
tried all that.
the 'taco supreme' profile and the 'td' profile
just noticed a red message flashes up 'serial data corrupted'
looks like there is something wrong with it

pugnacious said:
yeah
tried all that.
the 'taco supreme' profile and the 'td' profile
just noticed a red message flashes up 'serial data corrupted'
looks like there is something wrong with it

did you download the drivers for the simplebgc gui?

no is not corrupted that appears to be a bug in software ignore it.. just send me a pm with your email i will send it. me and a friend (amrflyingdude) have been working on this profile for a while and we finally four the sweet spot on the PID and got it to stop the jitters. I gave the profile to TIzzl10 and he is a happy camper.. :lol:

rfernandez said:
no is not corrupted that appears to be a bug in software ignore it.. just send me a pm with your email i will send it. me and a friend (amrflyingdude) have been working on this profile for a while and we finally four the sweet spot on the PID and got it to stop the jitters. I gave the profile to TIzzl10 and he is a happy camper.. :lol:

+1

been raining here all day, so I haven't been able to test it outside yet. :(

rfernandez said:

I would like to try your profile. I'm new here and don't have PM yet. My gimbal works pretty good, I just get strange buzzing in certain positions and am seeing a little bit of jello in the videos. I have the dampers installed and have tried different adjustments. Overall it's pretty good, just looking to fine tune it some more. Thank you

I too would love to try your profile for my 3DPower gimbal. I also don't have PM yet (or I'm too old to figure it out). When I get my V3 Eggshell holder will it create problems for the profile? If it would and the profile is looking a great as I'm hoping I could always leave it off for the time being.

No it wont but you will have to do a 6 point calibration cause of the new repositioning or the IMU give me your email i will send it .

rfernandez, thanks for providing your custom profile. I'd like it as well. I can post it on the orig post for all to consume. Thanks

I got mine hooked up over the weekend. I'm using the profile that it came with and it seems to be working fine. I need to adjust the horizon a touch. I have not done a video yet but did take some pics. I love being able to look and take pics straight down. I hope to get some video this week. I tried the 6 point calibration not sure how much it helped yet. If the horizon is still off I will try the manual adjustment. I saw some other post about the tilt slow to stop, mine does it also. Other than that I think this will work for my needs. Thanks to all the guys that have posted settings and suggestions, I would have been lost without you!

I got it all hooked up now and it seems to work ok but I have the tilted horizon issue and will try some steps outlined in this thread. I had one question, when you all hook up the IMU to the BCG software do you unplug the camera first and then make the connection?

I am afraid of ruining the camera so wanted to ask before I connected it up.

Thanks..

John

rfernandez said:
And who gave you the profile that you are now flying??? Me!! LOL

are talking to me?

the profile is the one on the first post of this topic...

Wow, this was not as complicated as I thought it would be used the Taco profile and used the settings outlined in this thread for range of motion and the Gimbal is working perfect...thank you all for you great feedback in this thread....could not have done it without this great group of people...

I programmed that profile myself. Has 3 changes.

1 - Increased "D". Gave it more balance in vibrating conditions.
2- Decreased Motor power. Motors are both a little overpowered so on certain positions the Motors vibrate a bit, that is gone now
3- Re programed the button: 1 click ACC calibration and 2 clicks Gyro calibration

When you get the message "Data corrupted" THAT IS NOT A BUG, click on ACC Calibration and the message will disappear. This is the UI telling you DATA mismatch.

Now, here the cool part.

I am testing a new profile now. this one will have 2 profiles in one:

1 - For little wind conditions
2 - for really windy conditions

you will be able to select between these 2 profiles by clicking the button.

I am testing this one but as soon as I am done I will be glad to share it. (Gotta test it on Richard's first, he is my test pilot)

So this is the gimble to get then? I was hoping dji would bring one out but it's not going to happen.

I should have the new V3 Eggshell mount for my 3DPower gimbal. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best order to apply all of the changes - the mount, the profile that I got from rfernandez and the 6 axis calibration. I have been following this forum and with the tips posted here I have it functioning halfway decently. I'm planning to use this gimbal until RP gets their 3 axis going and caught up with shipping.

I'm still unclear on how to perform the calibration, I've watched the youtube video and I am still very confused.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing