Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

The only difference with that one is the mount. You can order the mount for $30 if you've already purchased the gimbal.

I just got mine installed last night and have a few questions.

When you guys do the imu calibration, are you removing the little board off of the mount? If you are, when you put it back on, how do you make sure its level and straight, there is jut a groove there, no tracks or mounting points, it's just held on with some double sided tape.

amkorp said:
I just got mine installed last night and have a few questions.

When you guys do the imu calibration, are you removing the little board off of the mount? If you are, when you put it back on, how do you make sure its level and straight, there is jut a groove there, no tracks or mounting points, it's just held on with some double sided tape.

I just got mine too and I think hot glue is the answer to get it mounted back and eyeballing it to level in that little slot/groove. I removed the IMU and connected to the BCG GUI (had to install the drivers) and it connects fine. My question on calibration though is the IMU sits with the blue light on the bottom, so when calibrating is that sideways position supposed to be the horizontal calibration point?

Sorry for the newbie question I've searched but no results. Can someone please explain what a 6 point calibration is and how to do it - thanks!

The 6 point calibration tells the IMU sensor what it's vertical and horizontal positions should be.

It essentially initializes the IMU to what the user knows to be straight and true.

You don't have to do this all the time, but it is recommended when you first receive the gimbal.

You do this by positioning the IMU chip (the one glued onto the camera mount) on a flat, straight surface (usually a box) and then you rotate it to all 6 positions on the box.

there is a video on youtube that shows how this is done.

I'm not sure you need to remove the IMU. Doing the ACC GYRO calibration was sufficient to level the horizon. I did put a dab of hot glue to keep the IMU immobile.

So I have a little trick to help with tilted horizon issues.

1. Connect the gimbal to your computer and make sure it is detected and connect to SBGC

3. Goto the "Menu Button" Tab

4. Set the "2 clicks" drop down to "Set Tilt Angles by Hand"

5. Click "Write" in bottom right corner of screen to save changes to the board

6. Unplug the gimbal from your computer and power up your phantom.

7. Place the P2V on a flat level surface and take a look at your camera. Also make sure you have set your tilt (on your phone or tablet, so that the camera is looking directly forward).

8. Press the small button on the back of the gimbal board 2 times and you will feel the motors loosen up.

9. Tilt the Camera so it is straight and level when looking straight forward and while holding it that position press the small button on the gimbal board again 2 times.

10. The motors and gyroscope will set the new position as "center, level"

11. Enjoy your straight horizon!!

Please let me know if this works for anyone else.

Got mine up and running everything looks good. No test flight yet but seems to operate properly. Couple quick questions.

- anyone getting gimbal travel? ie: tilt the camera up and down and it keeps moving even after you let your finger off the app controlling the tilt. Is there an adjustment in the BGC that can minimize that?

- mine is "slightly" tilted to the right when supposedly level, saw another post about that in a previous topic but cant find it. Is there a way to make minor adjustments in the BGC GUI to level without having to do a full 6 point calibration? Dont want to calibrate again as it took me a few tries to get it perfect. PID settings maybe?

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks.

amkorp said:
So I have a little trick to help with tilted horizon issues.
1. Connect the gimbal to your computer and make sure it is detected and connect to SBGC

3. Goto the "Menu Button" Tab

4. Set the "2 clicks" drop down to "Set Tilt Angles by Hand"

This did work for me on my slight right leaning gimbal. All level now. Still have an issue with the tilt travel though. Thanks for the info!

NOTE: The click sequence has to be pretty fast. Like a mouse click, to disengage the motors and then re-engage them at the new position.

Tossing up wether or not its worth upgrading.
For those who have one from your experience would you recommend it or not?

007trains said:
Tossing up wether or not its worth upgrading.
For those who have one from your experience would you recommend it or not?

If you just want photos from your Vision, its not worth the upgrade. If you want video, it absolutely is. Unless you are ready to drop the cash on the new V+ then thats another story. :lol:

I do a bit of both and there is no way I'd get the P2V+, I've already modded the #### out of my vision already. It would probably be worth it just to not have to individually straighten each crooked photo and I'd probably use the video more often if it were a bit smoother

Hi all

Just received this gimbal Friday, but unfortunatly there where some transport issues as the USB on the gimbal system board has come of.
Leaving no options to configure the gimbal, it is for sure not 100% plug and play ! because you need to load the Taco supreme profile to fix the Horizon issue.
Wrote to Tacoboy so now i'm waiting for a reply ;) exciting to se their service level.

!!! And be carefull Guys, lokk to me like poor soldering is the main issue to why it has come of during transport.

img_0567.jpg

tizzl10 said:

Hi Tizz,
Is your setup with the Velcro strap?
★Do you have the DJI Lense Mount installed on your P2V?
★What type of issues did you have installing your Gimbel?
★What type of (if any)adjustments did you make with the Gimbel?
★What about the computer settings?
★ Anything else to add that I might need to know after buying?
Thank you very much!
Moose

ps: very nice game/movie & R/C test track room your rocking!

Moose said:
tizzl10 said:

Hi Tizz,
Is your setup with the Velcro strap?
★Do you have the DJI Lense Mount installed on your P2V?
- no, I use to though..but when I bought another gimbal, I had to take it off in order to install it (the goodluckbuy gimbal..do not buy)

★What type of issues did you have installing your Gimbel?
- well since the new version comes with the plug and play power kit, no issues with the installation really.

★What type of (if any)adjustments did you make with the Gimbel?
- once you get the gimbal, you have to load the taco rc default profile to the controller board. this is done with the simplebgc GUI. this will give you a baseline setting for the taco gimbal.

★What about the computer settings?
- same as above.

★ Anything else to add that I might need to know after buying?
Thank you very much!
Moose

ps: very nice game/movie & R/C test track room your rocking!
-thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka