Please list information with videos

Reaction score
As a relative newbie, I'm still struggling with the multiple issues involved in getting good, hopefully, eventually, great, video. But there are SO many variables.

Looking at others video postings is good....but the information and learning value could be doubled or tripled if people would list the details of their equipment, both hardware and software. Then we could compare and learn.

Any one of these, or more, would seriously add to the value every time I see a video:

Gimbal: type/make
Flight mode: GPS/Atti/?
Props:
Camera: which model
video settings: resolution - 1080p(?) fps- (30-60) filters- ND, polarizing? FOV- 170?
Post processing program(s):
PP stabilization used?

As an aside...does anyone else wish there were different, switchable flight control modes...such as FLIGHT...the standard default Tx stick response, and VIDEO, in which the stick response is greatly dampened? It seems very difficult for me to get a slow enough yaw without it being choppy, even if gimbal stabilized. I realize on can make these adjustments both with the stock TX and with a Futaba, but for the stock, at least, going between with any regularity would be very time consuming, no?

As a rule I only shoot in 1080/60 medium FOV with my Gopro Black.
-That mode is great for the GP as it's one of it's best performing modes, if not THE best.
- 60fps is better than 30fps which seems to suffer from rolling shutter issues.
- I have a generic Ebay gimbal with a Martinez board
- ATT is always better for video than GPS. While some of my video is taken in GPS I do try to use ATT where I can.
- I may or may not color adjust the video in PP, sometimes a video will need it but I'm tired of all the videos you see which are soooo color scraped as to make them almost cartoon'y
- Image stabilization in PP works ok but you'll lose an amount from the borders of the video and the crispness will soften. I never use it myself.

I don't film anything special with my Phantom, just mess around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFj87BwDxAc

I try and post as much info as I can either here with the link or in the yt descriptions as long as I remember :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94