PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
So I have a phantom 3 standard. And use a iPhone 6 to live feed what the camera is seeing. When I rewatch the footage there is no sound. I can't hear the props. Is there anyway I can turn the sound on?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sound is not recorded. Otherwise, all you hear would be the wind blowing and the props.

So I have a phantom 3 standard. And use a iPhone 6 to live feed what the camera is seeing. When I rewatch the footage there is no sound. I can't hear the props. Is there anyway I can turn the sound on?
There's no sound because there's no microphone on the Phantom.
And there's no microphone because all you'd hear is the constant droning of the motors and props.

All the video you see that have sound have been edited with something like MS Movie Maker and the sound added. Also we cut down videos from the 18 minutes flight time to usually a 5-7 minute video so viewers don't loose interest.
You make your own movie that way and cut out the repetition and so to speak junk. Have a nice day!

Sound is not recorded. Otherwise, all you hear would be the wind blowing and the props.

True. But it can be done using noise canceling technology and multiple microphones just like noise canceling headphones. You simply take in the prop noise from a mic facing up invert the waveform and mix that with a mic facing down and you get audio that has the bulk of the prop noise removed.

Still, at the heights we fly, about the only thing left is wind noise so there really isn't any reason to do that.

If you want a slight prop sound in your videos. Use the auto-take off feature, hover at 4-10 ft. (camera pointed away from you, so the sticks match the Phantom's movement and you don't accidentally whack yourself). Then use a standard video camera (or any digital cam with video), or even your phone, and record the prop sound.

Then dub it, along with music and narration, into your video with your editing program.

But as in real life, the prop sound is annoying. So maybe you can use it just upon takeoff and landing, for effect, because there's something very calming about the videos that show beautiful flights with just music.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl