PLEASE HELP - gimbal jump, jerks and bumps

Reaction score
Didn’t have this issue before installing the FPV system. The movement with just the H3-3D gimbal and Anti Interference Board was absolutely fluid and constantly smooth.

Now I have terrible full frame jittery and jumpy random movement. Link below illustrates.

http://youtu.be/acrCtbqkvrY

New FPV equipment

- Black Pearl Flysight diversity Monitor

- DJI FPV Hub kit

- ALV58 transmitter (Belly mounted with thick velcro as far away from the compass as possible as advised by DJI’s web site)

- iOSD mini (Belly mounted with thick velcro next to the AVL58)

Here's what I've done to trouble shoot:

- Made sure nothing was touching full movement of gimbal (Parts, ribbon cables, velcro etc.)

- Calibrated compass and checked IMU

- Advanced compass calibration

- I've calibrated the controller in the RC and PT2 software

- Rechecked my advanced gimbal settings, limits, gain etc. in PT2 software

- Checked for all firmware updates

- Calibrated X1 channel in the RC and PT2 software.

- Tried a different Hero 4 camera

- Counter balanced gimbal to compensate for Hero 4’s added weight compared to the Hero 3+

- Inspected the gimbal motors while powered on for resistance, odd sounds, debris and dirt.

- Factory Reset gimbal and re-uploaded firmware

- Opened up Phantom and checked Anti Interference Board connections – Looked fine.

Some may view the movement as subtle and no problem but to me it’s enough to completely ruin a shot. The movements are too violent for something like Warp Stabilize to fix in post.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations are most welcome.

Welcome! Have you tried IMU and compass calibrations since adding the FPV gear? Not to say that that'll definitely work but it can't hurt and it's usually recommended when adding any equipment which could mess with the calibration of your P2.

Thanks for responding. Yes I've done compass calibrations and checked the advanced IMU settings in the assistant software. Software tells me that no calibration is needed. Should I do one anyway?

It's worth a try. Obviously make sure you're on a level surface when you do an advanced IMU calibration, and just ignore the 'MC overheating' error message which invariably pops up.

Thanks for the suggestion, wattage. I've uploaded a new vid showing the problem. (link above in edited post) I've done a factory reset and re-uploaded the firmware. Still the same. It was really damp, foggy and moist out. Been raining of and on for the last few days. I wonder if that's had an effect as the gimbal motor guts are slightly exposed. Man this is frustrating. No word back from DJI. Not surprised from all I've read about their "customer service."

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing