PLEASE! Any d cent FPV goggles for the phantom?

Reaction score
How in the world can a company the size and influence of DJI, not put out some quality goggles for their products??? This is a cash cow for DJI as it keeps all the business under one roof. Besides the fat sharks, and Zeiss or head plays, anyone found some good hdmi goggles? The Suns killing me! Lol. Thanks

Reactions: sonof40
Tried them.....had trouble fitting reading glasses underneath and they were just too darn bulky.

None of the available HDMI goggles are fully acceptable. Some new models are expected very soon but they are expensive and can produce only 720p. Though 720p resolution is much more than needed for now but we will need better goggles tomorrow and we don't want to invest in a short life expensive goggles..

FATSHARKS ALL THE WAY MAN TRUST ME SUPER COMFY... A bit expensive but for good quality excellent buddy!!! Only this is you have to change out ur remote usb ports for a hdmi input board which isnt that much and isnt hard to do but boom your done and excellent quality built with FAN!! And the fan works awesome! Hope this helps ya... Make sure its says version 3 dont get anything less

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't have a problem with my headplays its a great image.....only does make me look a right tit.

Avegant Glyph looks the best.

Also worth looking at are Vuzix iWear video headphones and a better alternative to the Headplay in my view is the eyboxfpv. With this one you can have it without the pointless 5.8 receiver sitting right next to your eyes unlike the Headplay.

I have the eyboxfpv. They are great and can wear my glasses if need be. The supplied lenses work great, and I don't need my glasses. I have a smart phone that I got from Banggood, and picture is better then on my 30" TV.
eYebox goggles - Page 72 - RC Groups

Is there any documentation for the eyeboxfpv SMART? I have a 6-inch smartphone I'd like to use. What are the connections used between the RC, eyebox, and smartphone?

eyboxfpv doesn't look promising to me. Did any one try iWear?

And also what are the differences between the models that come with LED screens and the one that uses your smart phone?

And also what are the differences between the models that come with LED screens and the one that uses your smart phone?
I use a long light weight cable, that came with my phone. The phone is dedicated to fly with only. That is all I use it for.
I think this is the phone I got , but I remember paying more.

Ulefone Paris 5 Inch 2GB RAM Android 5.1 MTK6753 64bit Octa-core 1.3GHz 4G LTE Smartphone

I think the smart phone model will have better display, HD. I wish I had got A 5.5in phone. But 5in is prity dam good. I have to use the strongest lens in the kit, but I don't need my glasses. The eyebok is suppose to be better then Head Plays, because of the focus point . The HPs screen is a little to close to the eyes for proper focus. That is what I am told. The eyebox give you a better focus for your eyes because the screen is further from your eyes. I have the DIY googles from HK, and the screen is a little to close to the eyes, and focus is difficult some times. And the picture is a far cry from my Eyebox. But the HK goggles are for my P2 and that is in standard definition.
Dont know what else I can say. I like them and they work for me. I have bad eyes, so I like what I see in my eyebox. When I was in the USARMY I got my eyes %ucf up by Inferred lighting, So I am lucky to see as well as i do. Let me know if I can help on your research. I always research a product before I buy.
Oh yea I use the supplied micro USB.cable it is light and long. My phone has built in GPS wtich is a nice touch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the details! I guess I could try just using the smartphone/goggles (without having a separate display for the RC). I was sure I would need to have a tablet on the RC and goggles connected to HDMI. This sounds simpler (and cheaper). Guess I'll order the eyebox SMART.

Eyebox smarts are on back order. Also figure that you should be using HDMI output for redundancy and hook up another phone or tablet via USB. This way if the goggles down down you still have the second display. The eyebox only hooks up USB with most phones and the HDMI adapters suck. Back to square 1.

The LAST thing you want to happen is loosing connection in your goggles when your out of sight. Plus I want to be able to at times, fly by the device attached to the TX while a second person views through the goggles.

What appealed to me about eyebox smart is the use of a smartphone and decent lenses. I work in open spaces with a spotter. The smartphone is no more likely to fail in the goggles than mounted on the RC. I would only use them when it's too **** bright to see the screen. (I usually shoot at dawn and dusk.) Expensive goggles just aren't worth it for such limited use.

I see now that the eyebox smart isn't even listed on the site anymore. Does anyone know of a similar product with good lenses?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl