Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Pixelation and artifacts along right side of image

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Gearie, May 21, 2015.

1. Gearie

Unboxed my unit (I said Unit:D), read manual, watched every tutorial I could get my hands on, you name it and I did it. Checked to see if my Firmware was up to date and I'm happy to report that it was. Preparing for take off and everything feels and handles wonderfully. We are now airborn!!!! For that 1 brief moment the world was a perfect place until I took a look at the right hand side of my Galaxy S3. Yeah... I know S3 is old and lame but it works! and shouldn't cause artifacts and Pixelation in my recorded footage, should it? Of course not.

I don't understand what could be causing this but after landing the copter and pulling the 16GB Lexar 633x Class 10 SD card that came with my P3P and quickly placing it into my micro sd Card adapter and then placing that into my laptop my worst fears were confirmed. Pixelation and artifacts were indeed in my recorded footage.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?

Truly yours
    Scared, Lost and Pissed Off!

2. Tron_X

1. Reformat the card and try again. Make sure you stop recording before turning off the Phantom and removing the card.
    2. Replace card with a Sandisk Ultra or Extreme, format and try again (32GB avail at Staples for $17).
    3. Contact DJI.

Gearie likes this.
  3. msinger

Approved Vendor

Gearie, for #1 above, make sure you format your memory card from the DJI Pilot application.

Gearie likes this.
  4. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Any footage to post up?

Gearie likes this.
  5. jlo

jlo

Forgive my ignorance but, how would the format of the SD card affect the video output from the camera? That doesn't make sense to me.

Gearie likes this.
  6. 4wd

4wd

It wouldn't, I think a more likely explanation is that neither the mobile device or laptop are up to the job of dealing with the video data rate.
    A dodgy card can be ruled out by trying another suitably fast one (Class 10 UHS-1 40mbs) .

Try a test recording at the 720p setting too.

loganboyd likes this.
  7. Gearie

Thanks gor the quick follow up. I will try reformating the card in the morning 1st. I'm hoping that is the problem. As far as the laptop I have a kick *** 16gb dual GPU monster so I'm pretty sure that's not it and the phone shouldn't effect the video that is recorded in camera directly to card. The phone is only a trigger and monitorIng station. I will also post footage by tomorrow afternoon.

8. Gearie

Now that I think about your right. Sounds like more of a sensor problem doesn't it