Picture quality (with 100% crop exemple)

Hey guys please help. I take stellar videos but stills are not up to par. Wen I open them in android in raw format and click on info in the viewer the size says it is only.. 5 mega pixel a half mega pixel is crap out of 12. I mess with settings and can't figure it out. I have it on 4:3. The file size is 17 mb so it should be good but it's not all great and I zoom in and it looks like hell at a low zoom and I need details for reporting problems and ware I fly I can't get too close.

Hey guys please help. I take stellar videos but stills are not up to par. Wen I open them in android in raw format and click on info in the viewer the size says it is only.. 5 mega pixel a half mega pixel is crap out of 12. I mess with settings and can't figure it out. I have it on 4:3. The file size is 17 mb so it should be good but it's not all great and I zoom in and it looks like hell at a low zoom and I need details for reporting problems and ware I fly I can't get too close.
If the file size is only 0.5 MB you are not looking at a full size image, maybe you are viewing just a preview image?
Are you viewing an image from the SD card?
What is the resolution of the image? Is it 4000 x 3000?
Can you post and example?
What software are you using to view it?
You probably don't need raw files if you are just doing inspection shots.
Try shooting jpg and see if that's a lot better.

If the file size is only 0.5 MB you are not looking at a full size image, maybe you are viewing just a preview image?
Are you viewing an image from the SD card?
What is the resolution of the image? Is it 4000 x 3000?
Can you post and example?
What software are you using to view it?
You probably don't need raw files if you are just doing inspection shots.
Try shooting jpg and see if that's a lot better.
Guess he figured he was looking at low res pics after your advice...;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94