Photo prints

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered ten times over but I have been unable to find anything. So if this is a repeat, sorry.
On photos for the p3p, how large of photos have you guys been able to print before you start losing quality? I personally can print up to 13x19, just don't want to waste paper and ink of that size that may look like crap.
Thanks in advance.

This is a bit of a black art.. :) your best bet is to google "12mp print size" and start reading the myriad of results. Basically you are close to the consumer print size but there are quite a few factors at play and other options such as using a program called Perfect Resize Perfect Resize 9.5 – ON1, Inc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Depending on what aspect ratio you shot the photo in - at max resolution, the camera puts out a 4000 x 3000 px image. A rule of thumb for print is 240 dpi so 4000 / 240 = 16.67" on the longest side. Some printers will print finer at 300 dpi, that would reduce the max long side value.

It will also depend on the quality of of the image (i.e. ISO) and post processing....that said, I have a 13x19 Canon printer but the largest I have printed from the P3P is 12" on the long side with a slightly cropped image at 240 dpi and it came out very well.

Clipper99 is correct, you can up res your image with software like OnOne's and maybe get the full 19", it would be some trial and error to see how well it works, unless someone who has done it chimes in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl