Phantom Vision $1200

Reaction score
From the mouth of Colin Guinn himself. The Phantom Vision retails for $1200! :lol:

I am thinking at that price you could build out two regular Phantoms and make them much cooler than the Vision.

http://bit.ly/19uYKrX

A dedicated FPV system with all the bells and whistles for $1200????!!! I bet they sell millions! Where do I buy the stock- this will be another Apple Computer.

1200 ..... Too much for me even though the concept is quite attractive...price should fall after the first wave of impulsive buyers drop off.
me I'm still struggling with putting the gimble on :lol:

Really think about the price, and compare it to our current setups . . .

Original model - Vision model
Retail: $750. - $1200
Reliable Tx. $350+. - Included
Camera, Gopro3 ~ $300 - Included
Gimbal (1-Axis). $50 - Included
FPV Tx/Rx. $100 - Included
OSD. $100 - Included
Upgrade mods. $150 - Included
Total: $1800+ - $1200

Upgrade mods would be bigger, balanced, self tightening props, a "second" 2200mah battery to make the 4400mah of the vision. "Upgrade"(???) shell.
I don't claim the vision camera will be comparable to the gopro, but that's just the comparison we are using in the real world.
I feel I've been modest on the pricing of mods spent on the original, look at you current set up, and total the cost, including the gopro and all the other little bits and pieces you've bought, and think if $1200 is really I high price for a RTF model of the same ability.

Driffill said:
Really think about the price, and compare it to our current setups . . .

and think if $1200 is really I high price for a RTF model of the same ability.

Comparing it this way is good and I think you have been a little cheap maybe I should have bought my bits off you as they would be a fairly sweet deal. :mrgreen:

The thing with the vision is it doesnt appeal to everyone and not those that like to mod things like me, if you buy a vision youd buy it as is with no intention of getting more out of it. Kind of like an Apple product you buy it as is and youd need to jump trough so many hoops to change things it would have been better off getting something more customizable in the first place.

I dont buy Apple products for this same reason, its designed to be as is and thats it if you want more you have the wrong product. Like the vision this isnt going to be the best at any one things but good enough for the average user and its completely rtf with nothing more needed from the user. Many people tend to prefer things like this and DJI maybe kind of hopped this would have been the same with the phantom but modding it is quite popular with a few people, they dont really care if you do or dont add to it they just hope that for most people its good enough out of the box.

The stock phantom even if used with a superior camera to the vision as in a hero3 black needs some basics to get useable footage out of it. Props need balancing and you also need to use vibration isolation and or a gimbal along with some experience with a gopro to know how to get the best out of it.

I see the vision as a good setup for the average person wanting to fly out in New York city or crash into a wedding party and this will just make their impact on the world a little better with some extra mass. :lol: Seriously though its a proper rtf and ready to shoot photos and videos setup out of the box. Its far from being the best camera, fpv link or anything really so very much like an Apple product. But it should be simple enough for any beginner to fly and use the camera, the downside of this setup is its not really upgradeable in any way and if you want to take the next step youd be best to buy another quad altogether much more so then the original phantom which has some flexibility and upgrade paths available.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl