Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom V1.1.1 with FPV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cgblack, Mar 17, 2014.

1. cgblack

I've searched until I'm blue in the face and I cannot find a description of what I need to do to install all of this:

Phanton v1.1.1 (Naza M2)
    Zenmuse Upgrade Board
    Phantom 2 FPV hub
    DJI Mini iOSD
    Neewer TS-351 5.8GHz TX
    SC2000 Camera

I've got most of it figured out. I know I need to replace the main Phantom board with the upgrade board. All of the components are plug and play into the FPV Hub, except the Camera. I don't have the Zenmuse gimbal, and for now just want to use the SC2000 for my FPV camera (I may add the Gimbal, GoPro and a remote video switch later).

The FPV Hub has an 8 pin connector to go from the new upgrade board to the hub, then an 8 pin connector to go to the Zenmuse gimbal. Presumably, I'll need to connect four of those wires to the SC200 instead? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that?

Or is there a better way for me to be doing this all? Should I dispense with the FPV Hub and connect everything directly. In that case is this the correct wiring? http://www.ravecreative.co.uk/phantom2/avl58-miniIosd-P2-wiring.pdf

Edited. I just realized that wiring diagram above also does not include the camera. Every diagram I've found makes reference to the Zenmuse gimbal. I looking for one that doesn't use the Zenmuse.

Thank you in advance.

2. cgblack

3. ElGuano

the iOSD mini requires canBus for power and flight data; you can get that from the upgrade board but you need to do the sarawuth mod.

I have no experience with the FPV hub but I assume the connectors are too small for you to wire anything into it other than what it was meant for (avl58 + h3-2d + iOsd mini).

The specific wiring is dependent on your camera and tx settings, but generally, camera power goes to VTX if 5v, camera vid-out goes to iOsd, iOsd vid out goes to VTX, iOsd data through canBus goes through upgrade board, VTX power goes to phantom accessory power.