Phantom turbulence

Reaction score
This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. I'm flying with no issues when all of a sudden as I'm looking at the video feed, it looks like my p3s got smacked and In spit second recovers.
Props are fine. No cracks.
Would you chalk this up to maybe a bird hitting it from behind? Turbulence? Or maybe a motor issue that needs to be addressed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah, gotcha, loose remote signal in GPS mode it would try to hover.

Lets us know,
The never fall out of the Sky, they just head back to china, the shortest route.:D

Reactions: shanek
I have seen this happen in situations where I'm descending fast and vertically. I see that there is a bit of turbulence, specially if you have the camera facing down you can see that a lot. It a takes a bit of time for the drone to recover and for the gimbal to re-adjust.

To avoid these situations, I usually I try not to descend vertically, but do it at an angle (i.e., descend but go forward or back at the same time or do it in a controlled spiral: go down forward, then turn around, descend forward again, turn around, etc., etc., ). I read somewhere that this might be a safer way of descending as it doesn't put as much strain on the drone structure. Also, I find that it seems to descend faster than just waiting for it to come down vertically (I think that is either an illusion, or the fact that the drone flies faster horizontally than vertically).

This isn't happening during a decent. It's in a straight away while banking to either direction I believe. I'll try to upload a couple of vids of it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Storm
Did you visually see the actual drone doing somersaults or are you just assuming that it did purely based on what you saw on the FPV / camera view?

The reason I'm asking is that, it may have been the gimbal. Sometimes, if the gimbal is overloaded or defective, it would go limp for a while and then recover. The video below is the problem I once had when I installed a lens adapter sleeve, causing the camera to be front-heavy.

Is this behavior similar to what you're having?

This isn't happening during a decent. It's in a straight away while banking to either direction I believe. I'll try to upload a couple of vids of it happening.
I just realized on you first post you said "video feed", which I thought was your were playing back your videos? Because it would be hard to see live.

Also, to go back in time, do you think it is a bleep in signal or not?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl