Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Standard taller than Advanced

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by CaptainDrone798, Feb 12, 2016.

1. CaptainDrone798

Interesting... Last night when I was checking to see if my P3s had the new motors and body I noticed that the Phantom Standard is 5mm taller than the Phantom Advanced. The difference appears to be in the landing legs. Notice in the photo... P3S is on the right and P3A on the left. Both Phantoms were purchased around the same time.

Attached Files:

2. DroneDestination

Yeah, the Std has different landing gear. On DJI's website, they sell 2 sets of gear: one for P/A and one for S

CaptainDrone798 likes this.
  3. dewaynet

the advanced has enclosed antennas on the landing gear, the standard does not. I noticed that when looking at my friends advanced. You cannot see the antennas in the legs of the landing gear on his advance, but you can on my standard.

4. CaptainDrone798

Yeah the Advanced model has a bit more plastic covering which runs about 3/4 up all four legs and hides some of the wiring.

5. telescott

That's good to know. Now when an Adv/Pro flyer gives us Standard owners crap about not getting the other models, we can rub it in and tell them "my Phantom is taller than your short thing" So there:D