Phantom Pro Plus I cant switch between 2.4ghz & 5.8ghz. Buttons greyed out? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new phantom 4 pro plus and for some reason when I go to the settings for work frequency the box is greyed out and only allows me to use 2.4ghz and I can’t change to 5.8ghz. When I go to my aircraft status it says “strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.” Radio channel quality poor. I have the latest firmware updates. I don’t know what to do?
IMG_1569288957.759927.jpg
IMG_1569288989.798184.jpg

It's set to "Auto", did you change it to "Custom" there at the top of the screen?

I have pushed that button. But nothing changes.
I don't have the pro version plus or otherwise so perhaps to ask another stupid question, in your first picture why are most options there listed as "N/A".

Drone powered up and running?

And yea I see now the the 2.4G button should offer a drop down menu offering 2 and 5 g options.

Reactions: JoBe
When you say "I have the latest firmware updates" did you do an update either firmware or the go app just recently here that brought this issue about?

Short of any better suggestions, some obscure setting haven't found? roll back firmware? or I guess i'd try removing then reinstalling DJI go see of that corrects the problem.

When you say "I have the latest firmware updates" did you do an update either firmware or the go app just recently here that brought this issue about?

Short of any better suggestions, some obscure setting haven't found? roll back firmware? or I guess i'd try removing then reinstalling DJI go see of that corrects the problem.

I had to download the lastest firmware to be able to get the drone and remote controller to speak to each other. It’s the pro + so I’m not using the actual dji go app. It’s just the program that runs on the pro + screen. I don’t think I can delete the actual program off the remote controller. I have a P4P V1.0 which I do use the dji go app and it can switch between the frequencies. So that’s why I’m so confused on why it’s happening.

Yea I wondered about that and they touch on the subject here,

Has to be a way to get latest version of go, it's an android device so rather assumed it handled it in pretty much the same way most any android device got its software. Limited to what you can install and pre programed yea but can (should) be able to update the program or remove and install DJI go in the same way?

Updating the latest firmware so they'd talk to each other sounds like a separate issue but could be related. Provided both where running same version at the time shouldn't have been a problem. Love how DJI attempts to force the issue and might have with one device, say the RC, causing need for the other to follow suit to function with one other again.

DJI assistant should allow you to roll back if you'd like, so far I have been able too. But again mine is a standard 4 and then a mavic, your controller with the built in screen could be and probably is a whole nother animal!

Have you had it outside locked to sats and signed in to dji go post firmware updates? I know here myself turning on inside the house sat lock can be hit or miss.

Defaults to CE mode until then = CE mode no 5GHZ need FCC mode for that?

Last edited:
Yea I took it outside today and it wouldn’t allow me to change between 2 and 5. It would routinely have warnings of interference and the bars would jump up and down.

Yea I took it outside today and it wouldn’t allow me to change between 2 and 5. It would routinely have warnings of interference and the bars would jump up and down.

Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the gear icon on the top right, tap "Backup & reset", and tap "Factory data reset".

From msinger's post in this thread,

Not sure of all the implications but I'd make sure I had all the data I wanted backed up first, flight records video and or pictures it'd might have etc first.

Probably need a firmware update to match the AC after doing so, or downgrade AC to match it either way you'd like to end up be totally up to you.

Might be all it needs but maybe the remote itself too?

Reactions: TheHumanTorch
Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the gear icon on the top right, tap "Backup & reset", and tap "Factory data reset".

From msinger's post in this thread,

Not sure of all the implications but I'd make sure I had all the data I wanted backed up first, flight records video and or pictures it'd might have etc first.

Probably need a firmware update to match the AC after doing so, or downgrade AC to match it either way you'd like to end up be totally up to you.

Might be all it needs but maybe the remote itself too?

Ima try to reset it to factory and see if that helps. I took it out one more time today and just moved the antennas back and fourth and found that the strength will stay good but I still can’t change to 5ghz. So atleast one part of the issue is resolved. Lol but thank you so much for helping me out homie. It really been helpful.

Any updates, if had a chance to try did the reset do anything for ya?

Just now in my bedroom with no drone attached. 300E remote. I have had trouble updating firmware in the past, they did not complete on these remotes, first try.
Video on thumbnail. Hope all goes well. Capt

One more thought, make sure you have chosen phantom pro under advanced settings. If it is set on advanced or P4 It will not give you 5.8 G. Only if it is set on pro will you get the choice.

I’ve had no problems with the latest firmware update, once it’s completely installed. Good luck

Last edited:
Let us know if any of this has been helpful. Appreciate a reply.

Last edited:
Let us know if any of this has been helpful. Appreciate a reply.

I reset to factory today and it didn’t change the ability to switch between them. But I can change between auto/custom. It says I’m up to date on my firmware. So I don’t know anymore.

I reset to factory today and it didn’t change the ability to switch between them. But I can change between auto/custom. It says I’m up to date on my firmware. So I don’t know anymore.
If you touch on the remote control icon, Under advanced settings, do you get all of the P4’s listed? Is it set on phantom pro? If so I’m stumped. It acts like it’s stuck on advanced or standard for some reason.

Reactions: Danr-62

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart