Phantom P3A or a Mavic?

It's all on what you want man.. do you need/want the portability? If not then I would go with the p3a.. it's simple to work on, easy to get parts for, lots of upgrades, lots of ways to customize it.. and long range lots and battery mods are easy and cheap if you ever decide to go that rout..

The mavic is gonna handle better, has more modes/options.. but in the end, if your not a pro photographer, and don't care about portability , then Save yourself some money and go with the p3a

Reactions: SHRED
Cool, that's impressive. I figured Mavics would get blown around because of their relative lack of mass. I'll probably break down and get one eventually, but I've been very pleased with the P3P.

It's all on what you want man.. do you need/want the portability? If not then I would go with the p3a.. it's simple to work on, easy to get parts for, lots of upgrades, lots of ways to customize it.. and long range lots and battery mods are easy and cheap if you ever decide to go that rout..

The mavic is gonna handle better, has more modes/options.. but in the end, if your not a pro photographer, and don't care about portability , then Save yourself some money and go with the p3a

I need travel portability so I've pretty much made up my mind on the Mavic.

Reactions: SHRED
Okay my final decision is the Phantom 3 Advanced. Too good of a deal to pass up and here's my thinking.
If all goes well and I like it then by next year's trip to New Zealand and Tonga I'll spring for the more portable Mavic.
So for the price of this P3A and a used iPad mini I'll still be well under the cost of a Mavic plus if I decide later on the Mavic I'll have the iPad mini.
Thanks for all your input!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures