Phantom line-up is dead...

Perhaps read it slower , much slower
“The most interesting part of the document is the fact that it also announces the end of the Phantom series .”

Geez dude! At BEST the article is entirely ambiguous and internally contradictory regarding the future of the Phantom line.

Last edited:
Reactions: deltamike
I wish DJI would issue a clarification.

When Canon announced the end of a product line of a lens, it means that that particular lens version manufacturing line has been terminated.

It is hard to see what exactly is meant here by "end of life."

I wish DJI would issue a clarification.

When Canon announced the end of a product line of a lens, it means that that particular lens version manufacturing line has been terminated.

It is hard to see what exactly is meant here by "end of life."

Yes that’ll clear things up,

one from last week
IMG_0872.jpg

Let me tell you guys.....Im doing side by side lab tests in the next 3 days on actual resolution charts that CLEARLY show the P4P4 beating the crap out of the Mavic-II camera in resolving power. The P4P does a FULL PIXEL READOUT. The Mavic-II Pro does heavy line skipping in "FOV" mode and center cropping in "HQ" mode. Wait till you see the side by side tests.

Let me tell you guys.....Im doing side by side lab tests in the next 3 days on actual resolution charts that CLEARLY show the P4P4 beating the crap out of the Mavic-II camera in resolving power. The P4P does a FULL PIXEL READOUT. The Mavic-II Pro does heavy line skipping in "FOV" mode and center cropping in "HQ" mode. Wait till you see the side by side tests.
Are you comparing the still performance also? This will be very interesting. Are you suggesting there is an issue with the scaling from 5K odd down to 4K?

Which SOC are they using? Its sounding like its an older generation.

If you have the cash to ask a Lawyer to read it he will tell you exactly what you WANT to know (almost). Ha Ha! In the mean time and until DJI make a clear statement who the **** knows, and for one I won’t worry about this hyped up rubbish. Oh did I hear right that no one actually got to the moon? Ha Ha Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping the P 5 combines the features of the Zoom and 1" sensor from both Mavics.
Hasselblad, is a brand known worldwide for its cameras, but as important or more than technology, are the lenses of the cameras, the best lenses without a doubt are Zeiss and Leica. I think it would be interesting if Dji had the subject of lenses in mind. And another subject that should improve, from my point of view, is the aerodynamics of the current design of the Phantom series, within what can be done......

Last edited:
If you have the cash to ask a Lawyer to read it he will tell you exactly what you WANT to know (almost). Ha Ha! In the mean time and until DJI make a clear statement who the hell knows, and for one I won’t worry about this hyped up rubbish. Oh did I hear right that no one actually got to the moon? Ha Ha Ha!

Some news about Laika ?

0000273306.jpg

Hasselblad, is a brand known worldwide for its cameras, but as important or more than technology, are the lenses of the cameras, the best lenses without a doubt are Zeiss and Leica. I think it would be interesting if Dji had the subject of lenses in mind. And another subject that should improve, from my point of view, is the aerodynamics of the current design of the Phantom series, within what can be done......

Branding these days - *especially* lens branding - is an exercise in silly talk. Both Zeiss and Leica do make excellent lenses - for DLSRs (along with Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Sigma, Tamarron - get the idea?). They sell their brand name for other cameras like Point and Shoots and cell phones. With little to none of the care and expense they have taken for their bigger brethren. The money just isn't in it.

You can rattle on all day about Hasselblad / Zeiss / whatever but in the end the only thing that matters is actually seeing what comes down on the production product.

My guess is the Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom series will be DJI's biggest hit ... by far. The Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom might also confirm that drone buyers who are not ready for an Inspire will not likely want a drone that does not fold up. If there is a Phantom successor, I would guess that it is a larger foldable drone with interchangeable lenses.

DroneDJ frequently use some pretty sloppy writing in their pieces.
There is a short paragraph in this piece that's a good example.
The most interesting part of the document is the fact that it also announces the end of the Phantom series.
With the Mavic 2 already in place as a successor to the original Mavic Pro, and especially the Pro model possibly cannibalizing the sales of the Phantom 4 Pro, it would seem safe to assume that a successor to the Phantom series cannot be far off.
These words are written by DroneDJ.
They are contradictory and are not supported by anything in the DJI source material.

In two other parts of the same piece, those words are directly contradicted by other words they've written.
Especially the inclusion of the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ is interesting as it may indicate that its successor, the Phantom 5 may not be far away.
Our guess is that there is a very good chance that we will see the new Phantom 5 before the end of the year and yesterday’s memo from DJI only strengthens our belief.

DroneDJ aren't a very good source for information.
They guess a lot and then contradict themselves.

The Phantom, Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 series all went end-of-life but the Phantom line didn't end.
All the DJI announcement says about the Phantom line is that the P4 pro is now end-of-life (they aren't making it any more).
What is the current status of Phantom 2 and 3’s? Are they still operable or did DJI render them inoperative via software at their end of life?

I still have my P3P, P4, PP4PV2 plus my Mavic Pro and my Inspire 1V2. The only thing that messes them up is DJI's constant changing the SW and FW!

Reactions: Hoss

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing