Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Don, Sep 10, 2013.

1. The Don

We now know a lot about the upcoming Vision, but has anyone heard anything about the Phantom II? I'm personally not interested in the Vision because it requires a smartphone, and I don't have one nor am I interested in getting one. Will the Phatom II perhaps just be like the Phantom with the Vision upgrades, like the USB port, battery switch, extended flight time, etc?

2. Gizmo3000

I have a hunch DJI realized that the vision was a step sideways and they needed to update the Phantom 1 with similar features.

I'll just wager that the Phantom 2 will merely include the external USB, larger battery tray, improved board inside, and prop/motors as the Vision, but with the capability of carrying a GoPro3 (with a real GoPro3 naked mount)
    not sure about the Tx frequency, and doubt there'll be a battery switch.

3. UTR

UTR

it also has an on/off switch :D

4. fizzviic

My Phantom has an Off/On switch, no big deal. I'm afraid DJI will go all "proprietary" on us with batteries with special contacts that will be available no where but in the "company store" and go all postal on their price. As to longer flight times, I get that too, with dual batteries. Again, no biggie unless you are in to "minimalist" esthetics, LOL :mrgreen:

5. ElGuano

Yeah, if they're going to go with the new battery tray and connector, there's really no reason why they'd leave off the battery on/off switch.

I figure a Phantom with a true 20-25 min flight time would be enough of an upgrade to call it a Phantom 2. It really comes down to price...