Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Crash, related to Battery fault?

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by quadroger, Sep 2, 2014.

1. quadroger

My DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ fell from the sky on my 73th flight which happened in 1 minute and 21 seconds after the 30% low level battery warning came. The motors suddenly stopped to work and the phantom fell from the sky. There was no 16% low level battery warning nor did the phantom go to the self-landing. After the crash the battery level was 0%.
    Here is the crash video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQPejb ... nwhk_R-I-A

2. Green_Phantom

Batteries fail. It happens. Even the safest most fool proof things have a failure rate. About the only thing they could do is to install an "Oh $#it" battery into each battery pack that only gets accessed if the main pack were to fail. Like a hidden 750mAh battery or something. Like the recovery partition on a computer's hard drive that manufacturers put on there.

3. quadroger

Agree, nothing is 100% perfect, that's why I think they should investigate to find out what happened so they can improve the Phantom?

4. tmartin62

No offense but most of the places in that video looked liked risky places to fly IMO. Anything can fail. I'm sure others have varying opinions but I try NOT to fly where there is risk of hurting someone or causing some type of incident if something does fail.

Again, that is just me.