Phantom chinese gimbal 2 to 3 axis

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
i'm new here, I've got a Phantom 1 since 2 years now
I bought a 2 axis chinese brushless gimbal.

But recently I changed my board to an 32 bit 3 axis board (i'm not sure if it is an basecam or a chinese one)
I decided to buy a third motor to add the yaw axis.

Today everything is connected together but the third motor doesn't receive any instructions from the board. (I'm sure that the motor is working well I checked that before). I tried to solve the problem in the bcg GUI but on the Yaw motor output I can only choose Yaw ext.board. I did some research and I found that you need an external board for the Yaw axis and the 8bit tiny board. I'm sure there is a solution, maybe plug the board to the naza controller for the yaw ? Or set the board to handle the yaw ? But I didn't find any problem like this on internet ..

I really need help ! Thank you !

Terspy

Here is some pictures.

12965965_635389983275864_1243179680_n.jpg
12992779_635390156609180_1285889533_n.jpg
13015008_635390003275862_293974577_n.jpg

Without knowing the exact model number of the gimbal controller board you have, any reply you get is questionable....

It looks like a Chinese knockoff of a Storm32 gimbal controller board but I can't be certain. To my knowledge a 2 axis gimbal board can't give you 3 axis capability regardless of what you try. Adding the 3rd axis (yaw) control isn't done simply and (again to my knowledge) requires much more elaborate circuitry.

Post the link where you got the gimbal from and I'll see if the online specs let me give a better answer.

Thanks for the reply,

I can't find the card on the internet.. I think I bought it on aliexpress and my order has been deleted :/

But this is a 3 axis card right ?

Without knowing the exact model number of the gimbal controller board you have, any reply you get is questionable....

It looks like a Chinese knockoff of a Storm32 gimbal controller board but I can't be certain. To my knowledge a 2 axis gimbal board can't give you 3 axis capability regardless of what you try. Adding the 3rd axis (yaw) control isn't done simply and (again to my knowledge) requires much more elaborate circuitry.

Post the link where you got the gimbal from and I'll see if the online specs let me give a better answer.

I found the link of the card: Aliexpress.com : Buy Storm32 BGC 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal Controller Board from Reliable version wireless cell phones suppliers on RCBABY | Alibaba Group

Help please !
Thanks

This board is definitely a 3 Axis Controller Board.

If I read your first post correctly, you only have a 2 Axis gimbal. Since a 2 Axis gimbal differs structurally from a 3 axis gimbal.... the former has two arms the latter 3 arms .... there isn't a place to just add a 3rd motor on your 2 axis gimbal. If you want what a 3 axis gimbal can provide, you'll need to buy a 3 axis gimbal. It will come with a 3rd motor specifically designed for the 3rd arm.

Getting any gimbal to "physically" balance properly (before the controller board can work properly) isn't something I'd advise anyone to try who doesn't want to spend a lot of time doing so. Most gimbals don't come properly balanced right out of the box.

P.S. For what its worth, many don't consider the 3rd axis worth the extra effort and cost. It provides only slightly more stable video with many never noticing any difference.

This board is definitely a 3 Axis Controller Board.

If I read your first post correctly, you only have a 2 Axis gimbal. Since a 2 Axis gimbal differs structurally from a 3 axis gimbal.... the former has two arms the latter 3 arms .... there isn't a place to just add a 3rd motor on your 2 axis gimbal. If you want what a 3 axis gimbal can provide, you'll need to buy a 3 axis gimbal. It will come with a 3rd motor specifically designed for the 3rd arm.

Getting any gimbal to "physically" balance properly (before the controller board can work properly) isn't something I'd advise anyone to try who doesn't want to spend a lot of time doing so. Most gimbals don't come properly balanced right out of the box.

P.S. For what its worth, many don't consider the 3rd axis worth the extra effort and cost. It provides only slightly more stable video with many never noticing any difference.

Thanks for your reply,
I modified the gimbal to put a third motor but as you said I'm not sure if this will be well balanced.

I just want to know why the third (black on the pictures) isn't working ? What connections I have to make to the controller ?
Because in the bgc GUI I can only put yaw ext.board to the input ...

Maybe I can only work with a single IMU ?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply,
I modified the gimbal to put a third motor but as you said I'm not sure if this will be well balanced.

I just want to know why the third (black on the pictures) isn't working ? What connections I have to make to the controller ?
Because in the bgc GUI I can only put yaw ext.board to the input ...

Maybe I can only work with a single IMU ?

Thanks

"I just want to know why the third (black on the pictures) isn't working ?" ---- No idea what this means.

You need to look at the WiKi for the StorM32 Board to get "possible" answers to your questions.
STorM32 FAQ - STorM32-BGC Wiki

Getting the Storm32 board to work is challenge even if you follow the board designers exact instructions and allowed setups..
Given the complexity of getting a 3 axis gimbal to work properly using your setup is probably got a slim to no chance of working properly.

If you want to still try, look at this forum thread to get an idea of what's involved. If you join the forum you can get specific answers to your questions.
STorM32 BGC: 32-bit 3-axis brushless gimbal controller - RC Groups

Good luck...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl