Phantom 5 Talk

Reaction score
So, lately there is incredible buzz with information being leaked about the P5 and MavicPro2. Here's specific information on the P5 floating out there so far from sources that have been quite accurate about information leaks on DJI products. Of course, this information is all speculation until proven, but I like what I'm seeing -

dji-phantom-5.jpeg

1. Will have 4 interchangable lenses 15mm, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm
  2. Continues to use 1" sensor (specifics on improvements sound vague)
  3. Added top-mount obstacle avoidance sensors
  4. Waterproof and approved to fly in the rain
  5. 33 min battery flight time
  6. 55 mph top speed
  7. Currently in testing but late
There is more information speculated, but these are the top bits of information coming from several sources. I'm including concept sketches from one of the sources who again, has been very accurate in information released about the X7 camers, Mavic Air, etc
phantom-5-specs-3-768x576.jpg

phantom-5-specs-4-768x576.jpg

phantom-5-specs-5-768x576.jpg

Sounds like DJI has a corporate leaker. they ought to fix that!!!

Reactions: why and AerialZ
Leaks are often approved from the source to generate marketing hype. Either way, I like seeing what appears to be good information getting out there. It allows me to schedule purchasing budgets 6 months after they release the new airframe - 'firmware simmer time.' ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
The potential for leaks grows exponentially when external entities are engaged for component engineering/manufacture.

I like what I’m seeing, particularity with respect to the imaging system. Hoping for an option to package lenses in initial purchase.

The picture looks almost like they managed to finally do something about the exposed flex cable, which was pretty crappy in such an expensive drone.

FYI, we've been chatting about the Phantom 5 over in this thread:
Phantom 5 Leaks

Reactions: BigAl07
When asked about my preferences for new features, I requested a sensor on top and a waterproofing of the craft. Having interchangeable lenses is an added value. Now we just have to wait.

I need to thank them for letting my 6 year old draw the pictures! They're very nice like that.

Reactions: loonie01

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart