Phantom 4 will not connect ro RC. Blinking yellow lights

Reaction score
Phantom 4 has been working great. Logged about 10 flight hours. When starting aircraft up today (fully charged) with normal procedure:
  • Booting RC first. Status led turns solid red (normal)
  • Phantom fans starting
  • Power up chime
  • Camera moving to correct position
  • Leds start blinking fast yellow
Nothing happens.

Phantom will not connect to RC (or vice versa). Both Phantom and RC updated with latest firmware. Everytime i connect the Phantom to DJI Assistant it detects firmware v01.01.0411 and wants to Upgrade. Don't know whats that all about, or if its even related to the main issue. Upgrade Completes normal every time.

Any ideas? Thanks -)

Between now and the last time your Phantom worked, did you install new firmware, crash, or do anything else noteworthy that we should know about?

Between now and the last time your Phantom worked, did you install new firmware, crash, or do anything else noteworthy that we should know about?
Had a 10 min flight yesterday. Nothing noteworthy. It has never been crashed. Received the Phantom about a month ago.

After the Phantom wouldn't connect, I've tried:
- Using different batteries
- Downgraded and upgraded firmware on both RC and aircraft.

The situation that you're currently facing sounds like the usual result of installing the remote controller firmware before installing the Phantom firmware. Try downgrading your remote controller firmware and reinstall it on your Phantom and remote controller. Follow these instructions exactly.

Resolved!

Obviously some sort of firmware inconsistency between Phantom and RC

1. Downgraded Controller
2. Downgraded Phantom
3. Upgraded Phantom
4. Upgraded Controller

Thank you :)

Update: Evening test flight

Got about 5-10 minutes of airtime. Nothing to report. Then all of a sudden, hovering at 500ft right above me, the connection between RC and the Phantom is lost, and does not return. The aircraft initiates return-to-home and lands safely. I try to reestablish connection between RC and aircraft without success. Phantom status LEDs blinking fast yellow, as stated in first post.

Take the aircraft home to investigate. Still can't establish connection. Try to manually link RC and aircraft. No success (will not link). Swap between batteries. Suddenly I manage to establish connection with video link. Swap battery again and no connection. Swap back to battery that did work just a few minutes ago. Still no connection.

Can't really make any sense of all this. Looks like i might have to return this unit.

You might want check cable and connectors between device and RC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you update your batteries? Sometimes you have to wait a little while for the "inconsistent firmware" notice to pop up them move the slider to update.

Good point WWK888, that pop up generally refering rather to 'device' not being up-to-date and actually battery, room for improvement here

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I'm aware that I also need to update batteries. I've also tried to downgrade and upgrade once again, but no success. The Phantom is now on its way back to DJI for diagnosis.

Received word from DJI Support. Phantom has beed diagnosed and will be repaired under warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl