Phantom 4 Spotty video feed to controller

Reaction score
Whenever I fly my drone about 1500 feet away I start to loose video feed and my screen goes green and black. I live out in the country so there are a few trees but not many buildings other than some cell tower about 5 miles away what could be causing this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I get the same thing even just 150 feet away.. not sure why, I think it is the new firmware lagging our screens so that we buy the new DJI crystal monitor

Was this always an issue? Or did it recently start occurring after you changed something?

Are your remote controller antennas positioned like this?

I have had this problem since my first flight and I have tried antennas multiple ways I think I fly again later today and try it the way Ken Heron has his notice they are slightly out to the side

edbe28fa087593f066fc11009668ddab.jpg

Last edited:
Whenever I fly my drone about 1500 feet away I start to loose video feed and my screen goes green and black. I live out in the country so there are a few trees but not many buildings other than some cell tower about 5 miles away what could be causing this problem?

I seem to always have on/off broken video transmissions no matter how I fly.
Not sure if this is normal? Or I have a Bad Phantom 4? I sent it in once and they replaced some board on the Phantom but I still seem to get bad Video on my Tablet.
Wondering does everyone experience this in some fashion? Or is something broke?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl