Phantom 4 RTK is RID

Glad DJI had firmware for your drones, but no firmware for one of the most popular drones ever; Phantom 4 Pro v1. They have no plans for RID for the P4P v1. Also no RID for another classic drone...Mavic Pro v1. Must be older technology that can't handle the RID firmware.

Folks, DJI said a few months back that they will have an update for a list of drones (Phantom 4 Pro V2 and forward, I believe) that time table was Dec 30 2023. It's only Oct 1st and they have put out firmware updates for the Air 2 and up and a few enterprise level drones, If your drones was not on the list how do you expect it to have a update by now??? or even ever. WHat are other drone manufactures doing for their customers that have non-compliant RID drones, nothing. If you didn't get the memo about which drones are on the list please reach out to DJI, so you will know what your future choices will need to be.

Folks, DJI said a few months back that they will have an update for a list of drones (Phantom 4 Pro V2 and forward, I believe) that time table was Dec 30 2023. It's only Oct 1st and they have put out firmware updates for the Air 2 and up and a few enterprise level drones, If your drones was not on the list how do you expect it to have a update by now??? or even ever. WHat are other drone manufactures doing for their customers that have non-compliant RID drones, nothing. If you didn't get the memo about which drones are on the list please reach out to DJI, so you will know what your future choices will need to be.
I was asking if anyone knew if the RID update for the Phantom 4 RTK also worked on the Phantom 4Pro V2.

There will be more RID mods coming of different sizes and specs we just offer mounts . That should give you options to refresh your unsupported drone. I use the DB120 on my Matrice 200. (pictured in theard 8:25) works fine.

I'm curious what success other P4 RTK users have had getting RID to work after installing the recent firmware upgrade. I've updated the firmware and registered the new S/N with the FAA so, as far I can tell, I meet the compliance rules. However, the Drone Scanner apps on my IPhone 12 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (2019) tablet don't detect the drone. Is this a common issue? I bought a Drone Beacon db120 which pops right up on both devices so I know that the Drone Scanner app is working normally. I can always register and attach the db120 add-on if the P4 is glitchy but what a pain. I'd appreciate finding out from others what devices have been successful at detecting the P4 RTK RID so I can do some troubleshooting. Thanks

Last edited:
There is still no DOC on the FAA site, so for me this is still pending as not fully compliant for my records.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart