Phantom 4 Propellers

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus v2.0 and I am wondering if these are the standard stock propeller? Anyone out there with some insight?

(See attached images)

Attachments

• mfi2GmYg.jpeg
    mfi2GmYg.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Z65Z6q0A.jpeg
    Z65Z6q0A.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 433
The stock props look like this:

s2-avatar-bad1e60756272c6527004db80ca75197.png

If they are OEM DJI props, then they are the props that come with all of the other P4 models (the non low noise props).

The lower-noise P4 2.0 props can be used on the P4, P4A and P4P but they don't lower the noise much. The P4 2.0 flight controller takes advantage of them, but the other P4 models not so much.

The lower-noise P4 2.0 props can be used on the P4, P4A and P4P but they don't lower the noise much. The P4 2.0 flight controller takes advantage of them, but the other P4 models not so much.

So do you have a recommendation on low noise props (non-OEM) for a P4?

So do you have a recommendation on low noise props (non-OEM) for a P4?

No, the OEM ones for the P4 v2.0 are the only ones I know of, and they only reduce the noise a little compared to the regular P4 OEM props. They also affect the flying and handling properties of the P4 because the P4 flight controller isn't tuned to take advantage of them.

Thank you for the reply. We like to fly the property and look at cattle and deer, but the P4 is loud. Might have to start shopping for a 2nd drone with the sound level in mind.

Sound wise the difference between P4 vr2.0 and older Phantom models is very little. You can easily hear my Vr2.0 at 1500 feet out and that was in a considerable amount of wind.

The MPP is amazing quite and the MP2 IMO is just a bit more noticeable. MPP is still the winner for low noise.

I don’t think the follow on Phantom models will be any less loud due to weight. Especially if DJI brings it out with interchangeable lenses.

Paul C

Didn’t do any testing. Just noticed that on the p4p that I put them on, it drastically changed how it would descend. Much faster than I was comfortable with. Took them right back off. I’ll try them on a different p4p that is on a newer firmware and see if that makes a difference. I believe I read somewhere that the updated firmware did have an effect according to some people. I’ll let you know.

Didn’t do any testing. Just noticed that on the p4p that I put them on, it drastically changed how it would descend. Much faster than I was comfortable with. Took them right back off. I’ll try them on a different p4p that is on a newer firmware and see if that makes a difference. I believe I read somewhere that the updated firmware did have an effect according to some people. I’ll let you know.
Cheers - I've also got older firmware (... 0509) and would be stoked if the newer props got it out of the air faster .
Do you know of anyone else having a similar experience? Sounds hopeful. Thanks again and please keep me posted.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I have checked these low noise props on a different ac and I’m of the opinion that the decent is faster. I have no technical data to support this and would think there are others that could verify. Your experience may vary from mine.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
Cheers - I've also got older firmware (... 0509) and would be stoked if the newer props got it out of the air faster .
Do you know of anyone else having a similar experience? Sounds hopeful. Thanks again and please keep me posted.

If you have the 509 Firmware than this is what you can expect with your phantom drone,, the descent is quicker and smoother.

But we think the performance and tone is really an improvement all around.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
If you have the 509 Firmware than this is what you can expect with your phantom drone,, the descent is quicker and smoother.

But we think the performance and tone is really an improvement all around.

Thanks "PhantomWetSuits" and "Starz" - I did some tests with the standard props (on p4p in sport mode) by timing with a stopwatch a decent of 100 meters, about 6 months ago. Forwards, backwards, sideways and corkscrews and they were all pretty much the same with a slightly quicker time running backwards. Visually, the corkscrew looked quicker but that was not reflected in the actual time.
So I'm looking forward to running the same tests on the new props when they are available locally.
Thanks again

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor