Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I know it's been briefly mentioned here and there but I'd like to get a real discussion going.

P4 pro. Same as Inspire 2?

What are our guesstimates with pricing and features?

What about shipping times? Let's have fun! I'm excited.

I'm in the market for new craft but need it by early December in my hands. Would really like to get the newest.

I think a P4 Pro would be the last Phantom they would make, and that wont be released until next year. And after that they will probably start new drone series, new designs, etc. Drone technology is improving quite rapidly, in a matter of like 2 years, a very large amount of new features have released in drones. It was almost like 1 year ago we were paying 800 dollars for a drone without even a half mile of range, and only 1080p camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just like in the other threads, if there will be a P4 pro, it will be a P4 airframe with Mavic Pro internals. It may even feature a new RC design. Who knows what the camera would be. Pricing will probably be similar to original, but maybe $100.00 less. Deals when bundled with batteries.

All guess.

I realize we're all just speculating here, but here goes...

I think the P4 Pro will be released this year (perhaps at the November 15th event). It'll include some improvements from the Mavic Pro -- like OcuSync and the new prop locking system. The P5 will be released sometime around March 2017. That's been the usual release date for Phantoms.

Is the Phantom dead? No chance. It's the most popular aircraft DJI has released to date.

Reactions: Turbomania
I'd speculate that the P4P will have some minor upgrades over the P4. Almost certainly Occusync (DJI will need as many Occusync products as possible to provide a broad market for the DJI Goggles). Maybe a slightly upgraded camera. Maybe whatever hardware tweak ares necessary to put the Phantom feature set on par with Mavic. I'd guess pricing will be at the same level as the current P4, and the current P4 will be price-dropped.

Of course there wil be a Phantom 5. That's the model that will provide the real differentiation from the Mavic.

Hmm I personally think the P4pro will have a slightly better camera like the MVP but will remain mostly the same.

Do we think the I2 will release? would it be the original starting price of $3k for base camera?

Hmm I personally think the P4pro will have a slightly better camera like the MVP .
Your one of the few that thinks the MavicPro camera is better than the Phantom 4. I'm hoping for something better than the P4 camera, like the Z3, which uses the same sensor, but it's got 3.5 optical zoom. I just don't know if it can be adapted into the Phantom4 gimbal, due to size.

I believe the only difference from the standard p4 it's gonna be the Occusync transmission system just to work with the dji goggles.

+1

I don't think the Phantom or Phantom name is going anywhere. Its been their flagship drone and I think will continue to be so. While the Mavic and Phantom have some cross-over functionality they are different drones. I think the Phantom series will be geared more towards "Aerial Photography" and the Mavic as a "do it all", "jack of all trades"...

I realize we're all just speculating here, but here goes...

I think the P4 Pro will be released this year (perhaps at the November 15th event). It'll include some improvements from the Mavic Pro -- like OcuSync and the new prop locking system. The P5 will be released sometime around March 2017. That's been the usual release date for Phantoms.

Is the Phantom dead? No chance. It's the most popular aircraft DJI has released to date.

I believe the only difference from the standard p4 it's gonna be the Occusync transmission system just to work with the dji goggles.
You might be right, but that's not going to be enough for most P4 owners to update. DJI would be wise to offer something more for a compelling product. Based on the Mavic distance testing I've seen, the Ocusync doesn't work much better than my P4 with Inspire GL658 controller, however I'm sure it will work better than the P4 with the stock GL300C controller.

Goggles are very subjective. Most goggles won't adapt to my vision. I would have to see a demo before I'd spend $700 for those DJI goggles.

Last edited:
My guess is that DJI has no expectation of large-scale updating. It's only been 7 months since the Phantom 4 was released. I suspect that they're looking to provide reasons for new drone buyers to buy DJI instead of some other brand, so they have to keep the lineup state of the art. It's a smart move. They've already amortized the R&D for Occusync, and the cost of installing it in a Phantom translates to the next iteration (Phantom 5), and maybe even the next tow or three models. The Phantom 5 or the Mavic Pro, or more likely the Mavic 2, is where they're going to focus on getting people to upgrade. It's a clever marketing plan. DJI as a technololgy company continues to impress.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn