Phantom 4 pro V 2.0 has no 5.8 ghz

I hate to ask but are you sure its a V2?.... What is the model number in the battery compartment on the drone?

It should be model # WM331S. Controller is either model # GL300K for the screen controller or GL300L for the standard controller.

Try the following:

Turn on your controller and the drone.
Select 'HD' (Image Transmission Settings) from the menu options on your screen. You should see Channel at the top and Channel Mode just below it.
Alongside Channel, you should be able to select from Dual, 2.4GHZ or 5.8GHZ.
And alongside Channel Mode, you can choose Auto or Custom.

Note that the Channel selection option only appears if your drone is turned on.

I hate to ask but are you sure its a V2?.... What is the model number in the battery compartment on the drone?

It should be model # WM331S. Controller is either model # GL300K for the screen controller or GL300L for the standard controller.
Yes, the drone isWM331s and the controller is GL300L.

Just a thought, from memory if you have ever paired a set of DJI goggles with this aircraft then only 2.4Ghz is available for the control link. If that is the case simply repair the controller following standard procedure and it should reset.

Best of luck.

Reactions: CallmeDash
Just a thought, from memory if you have ever paired a set of DJI goggles with this aircraft then only 2.4Ghz is available for the control link. If that is the case simply repair the controller following standard procedure and it should reset.

Best of luck.
Wow! I've never heard that! Thank you, Thank you Thank you! Ive asked everyone what the problem was, and never got an answer. Yes, I have linked my DJI goggles. I,ll try it!

Wow! I've never heard that! Thank you, Thank you Thank you! Ive asked everyone what the problem was, and never got an answer. Yes, I have linked my DJI goggles. I,ll try it!
You’re most welcome.

I first struck this when my Mavic 2 Zoom only showed 2.4 available but my Mavic 2 Pro had both bands available. Of course it was the Mavic 2 Zoom I had paired with my goggles. I finally found a thread on it after a lot of searching and apparently it is the case with all DJI drones on the GO 4 app when using goggles as they use the 5Ghz band for the goggle link. Earlier drones on the Go app use a wired connection for the goggles.

All that being said, I never noticed any real lack of distance or other performance being locked on 2.4.

You’re most welcome.

I first struck this when my Mavic 2 Zoom only showed 2.4 available but my Mavic 2 Pro had both bands available. Of course it was the Mavic 2 Zoom I had paired with my goggles. I finally found a thread on it after a lot of searching and apparently it is the case with all DJI drones on the GO 4 app when using goggles as they use the 5Ghz band for the goggle link. Earlier drones on the Go app use a wired connection for the goggles.

All that being said, I never noticed any real lack of distance or other performance being locked on 2.4.
I believe the Racing Edition goggles are dual band when connected to the V2.0 - it's the older white ones that only do 2.4 GHZ.

I believe the Racing Edition goggles are dual band when connected to the V2.0 - it's the older white ones that only do 2.4 GHZ.
That could well be the case, I have the white ones and you are correct that they operate on 2.4. They’re great to take customers along for the ride when you’re doing inspections but I am totally sure that it only left me with 2.4 for the control link to the aircraft.

Now as the white goggles run on 2.4 I have no idea why it disables 5.8 on the aircraft but it does and has been reported by others. It may come down to a processing power or bandwidth limitation making them disable it when using gogglesI couldn’t say.

See post number #30 on this thread, ignore the posts leading up to #30 as it’s an old thread and people were searching for answers.

I will repeat that all I had to do to get dual band back was re bind my original controller but now that I know what causes it don’t worry and operate the drone quite happily with 2,4 only.

Reactions: Pygar70

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z