Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian

Reaction score
I see the white phantom 4 Pro with the extra battery for 1399.99 today on sale. Is their anywhere I can get the Obsidian edition for 1399.99 with the extra battery? Really looking to get the Obsidian at that price. Thanks

$1,399 is a good price if that's being sold by an authorized DJI dealer.

Also when can the educational discount be used on the Obsidian. It came out in September. 4 months would be december

Nobody has teh Obsidian on sale.
Only thing different I think is the "improved" gimbal - something about a coating.
Color certainly isn't worth $100 to me.

Nobody has teh Obsidian on sale.
Only thing different I think is the "improved" gimbal - something about a coating.
Color certainly isn't worth $100 to me.
I think the gimbal was redesigned as stated in the Sept. Dji news release. I'm thinking they have fixed the gimbal flip issue...hence the $100 more in price. Just my opinion

1513216477394.png

Notice they state..."This is a design change" and "The new gimbal system". Interesting words to use if it was just a coating for $100 more.

Reactions: PGM
I think the gimbal was redesigned as stated in the Sept. Dji news release. I'm thinking they have fixed the gimbal flip issue...hence the $100 more in price. Just my opinion
Indications are that's not true. Blade Strike (DJI) said no difference in the gimbal design other than the finish. I'm waiting for P4PO owners to confirm the gimbal still has the flip flaw. No reports yet.

Notice they state..."This is a design change" and "The new gimbal system". Interesting words to use if it was just a coating for $100 more.
Notice they stated "this design change will not affect the performance", meaning it's the same performance, including the flip flaw, likely. We'll have to wait and see what owners say, those familiar with the flaw and how to make it flip.

Not affecting the performance would refer to aircraft itself. As in flight.. stability..and camera performance. In my opinion why would they make a design change to the gimbal just to have the same results in the end? It would be nice if obsidian owners chimed in with flights reviews and performance reports.

Last edited:
Dji also stopped orders of the obsidian for over a month while they did this change.

Last edited:
Read it again. It specifically said it wouldn't affect the performance of the GIMBAL SYSTEM.
Yes. Cause it says it's a New Gimbal System! That's what I have been saying! New design...to fix issues that they have had. It's more than just an different coating. And that's why they charge the extra $100

I would say DJI painted it silver, instead of electro plating it :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72