Phantom 4 pro firmware update issue

my p4p was grounded for weeks too, I've flashed the p4p and RC multiple times and try to fly again. It worked fine and i don't get the green screen glitch and weak transmission with my ipad mini 2 now.

Thanks. It's flying fine. I just keep seeing the firmware required. Yes ideas told it's optional. It's just annoying me now that I can't do it should I want to. Going by what the other guy was saying I'll hold off for now. I did however do the rc update. Hope that doesn't cause an issue having updated one and not the other. But should I want to do it in the future I will need to figure why I can't even down load it in the first place. That's what's annoying me most now. But until I can figure that out, In its still flying perfectly

Firmware updates are absolute Chinese garbage

By 'other means' are you able to steer me there, I have a P4P that has been grounded for two weeks with this firmware update. My camera is non responsive and I am getting no help from DJI??!!??

Thank you

Downgrade. Youtube is your newest best friend

Thanks. It's flying fine. I just keep seeing the firmware required. Yes ideas told it's optional. It's just annoying me now that I can't do it should I want to. Going by what the other guy was saying I'll hold off for now. I did however do the rc update. Hope that doesn't cause an issue having updated one and not the other. But should I want to do it in the future I will need to figure why I can't even down load it in the first place. That's what's annoying me most now. But until I can figure that out, In its still flying perfectly
If it's flying fine leave it as is.
Updates cause problems.

Going back to my firmware issue not downloading, I asked DJI themselves and I got an email back today to check my log file on the sd card. Do you think the fact I put a new sd card into the drone and didn't format it that might be the reason. I dont want to format right now as its full of footage
I can think of several things you can do -
A- download the card to your computer- you have one I assume? Format the card.
B- buy a new SD card. They're really f-ing cheap
C- try a new cable. See item B...
D- delete Firmware file off the card and just fly it

Sorry for the flippant attitude, but your comment about not wanting to format the card just seems silly. Got my "Seriously!?" Antennae up....

I agree, partially with this comment. Only because of a few things and this being one of them. And I cannot stress enough while commenting that I am attempting to say this impartially. You would be very surprised of the number of people who fail to follow process instructions, and then pass the blame to developers and/or programmers for apps, OS, what have you. Just because a particular process that was not followed properly ( Documented or not) does not mean that there is something wrong. If the process is followed correctly and basically to the letter, most will have no issues. I do grant however, that DJI is very poor at documenting process's other than those that are stated within the manuals, and those fall way short of what they should be. Just a few cents worth...
Good response friend. I agree totally - been flying for 2 years and have 4 DJI birds - when an update comes out - I update... have never had a problem... until last week when I had to update my Spark... hubris took over and I did it like I had always done... and got into a ind... then rational took me and I looked at the instructions and used DJI Assistant 2 (Which took me 20 minutes to find after installing, because it is just labeled "Assistant" and doesn't bear the DJI log...on my Mac) anyway... Assistant updated it fine... and Spark flies much better now. These programmers (who are in the US by the way) must have a reason to update - is my opinion... so I update overtime there is one. There are literally millions of UAV's out there and we hear of scant hundreds of upgrade complaints... not a bad ratio I think. And also... just my 2¢

Reactions: Mackie
my p4p was groundedhmy for weeks too, I've flashed the p4p and RC multipl It worked fine and i don't get the green screen glitch and weak transmission with my ipad mini 2 now.
I have the same set up as you and I have the same exact issues! P4P with iPad mini 2. Although I have the same issue with my iPad Air as well. Last flight it got to a point where it would not change altitude for seemed like forever. I just let it hover in place for a bit then it responded to the controler. I fly my P3P for now without any issues using the same tablets.

The latest firmware update did solve my issue with the gimbal grind at intermediate times. I was so happy! Thanks Atlanta Hobie... no thanks to two different phone conversations with DJI techs. My P4P has never operated so well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus